Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday morning I took Noonie to the vet for a surgical ear flush. The vet called in the afternoon to tell me he'd done fine and was ready to come home. I picked him up along with several medications and thanked everyone for taking such good care of my boy. I loaded my tired boy in the truck and down the road we went, until I heard a very alarming noise coming from underneath the vehicle. I pulled over as soon as I could and assessed the situation. Turns out I had left a trail of transmission fluid and it was pooling up underneath the truck. Roads here have been very bad and there was only one tow company who could make it out to us. We waited nearly three hours. Noonie was so tired he slept most of the time. I was quite alarmed at one point though, when he started gagging and looking like he was going to throw up. Thankfully he didn't and eventually we made it to the repair shop. The driver was very nice and dropped us right at the door since it was so cold (-15). Noonie usually so vocal and friendly to everyone he meets just lay on the floor as I took care of the business of getting our rental car. Finally we made it home where Noonie was vigorously sniffed at by the others and fed. He then went and lay down in his bed, as he was ready to put an end to a long day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts