Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to share this with all you animal lovers. My niece recently got a guinea pig, and my sister sent me this picture of her Jack Russel with the new critter. Her Jack Russel, Abby, is a mom supreme and takes care of every kind of baby that comes by. My sister recently had some orphaned piglets and Abby slept with and cleaned them as well. Apparently Abby thinks the guinea pig is a baby, she is very protective of it and likes to clean it and snuggle with it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Awww soooo cute together! When my kids were younger we used to have several Guinea pigs and two of them were very hairy and ltheir front and back end looked the same! :D

Is that Iceberg lettuce in your picture because I was always told not to feed our guinea pigs on it because of toxins, but dark lettuce leaves were fine! Also told not to give them cabbage, cauliflower or potato peelings either!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that Iceberg lettuce in your picture because I was always told not to feed our guinea pigs
Hmm I don't know but that's something good to know about. My sister now has 4 guinea pigs and has offered one to my daughter since our rat died last week. I'll have to do some guinea pig research.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts