Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Guess I will have a problem getting the Chlorexiderm as well since that company also makes that. Crap. That's one of the few products that does seem to help Yogi's feet and underarms.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Are those pads something you need to get at the vet?

I do have almost a full bottle of Malesab left, looks like the date on the bottom of the bottle is 10/09 though. I would be happy to send it to you if you want it. I only used it once or twice. Gah, the smell of that stuff! The Malesab does not work for Yogi at all. Only the Chlorexiderm.

Another thought, many companies online sell these type of products and may still have them in stock so it might be worthwhile to check them out such as allivet, entirely pets or drs foster and smith.

How is Murray doing with the thyroid medicine? Is it helping his skin clear up at all?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

Yogi did really well with his skin issues the last few months, in fact he hardly needed any extra attention for his skin issues at all. :) I was so happy to actually be able to just give him a normal bath with regular shampoo! Of course I knew it couldn't last, leaf mold is now upon us! :rolleyes: He's been biting his feet and I actually had to soak them the other day so he could get some relief.

He really needs a full bath which I am hoping to do this week since it is supposed to get somewhat warmer. He would have been shivering like crazy with the horrible rainy weather we have had for the last four days and while I am finally able to use a hair dryer on him, he's not keen about letting me dry the neck area which takes the longest to dry.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

Yogi did really well with his skin issues the last few months, in fact he hardly needed any extra attention for his skin issues at all. :) I was so happy to actually be able to just give him a normal bath with regular shampoo! Of course I knew it couldn't last, leaf mold is now upon us! :rolleyes: He's been biting his feet and I actually had to soak them the other day so he could get some relief.

He really needs a full bath which I am hoping to do this week since it is supposed to get somewhat warmer. He would have been shivering like crazy with the horrible rainy weather we have had for the last four days and while I am finally able to use a hair dryer on him, he's not keen about letting me dry the neck area which takes the longest to dry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts