1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Philly Dawg

see March 5 article " Greig: Dog Law Fund...."

Quote:
"The fund designed to protect tens of thousands of dogs in licensed kennels, collect hundreds of stray dogs lost and abandoned statewide, enforce the dog law and reimburse shelters for the partial cost of caring strays will be $1.3 million in the red by mid-2013.
That was the grim news delivered by state Agriculture Secretary George Greig during legislative budget hearings last week.
"We're in situation where very soon we won't have enough money to sustain operations," Greig told lawmakers during a Senate hearing.
The fund, which in two years has shrunk from $11 million to just over $2 million, was hit with a double blow in 2010: decline in interest income and a pilfering by Gov. Rendell and the legislature, which removed $4 million to cover a budget shortfall.
Auditor General Jack Wagner, in a June audit, accused another entity of wrongly raiding the the fund: the Department of Agriculture. Wagner said a total of $1.2 million used for payroll and administrative expenses for positions unrelated to dog law should be repaid. The agency denies the charge. "

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Ok I have one, don't get me started on politics. I have never seen such crocks in my life heaven forbid that any of them will take a cut. How about all these grants, I happen to know there is allot of waist there.

I'll shut up my blood presser is going up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts