Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could use some advice and where better to get it! Lucy is (I thought) housetrained however at night lately.. not sure exactly when.. she's been peeing on the rug. She is crated during the day while we work/go to school and NEVER pees in her crate. She NEVER goes on the rug when we're home and always goes to the door and "asks" to go out.. no problems there. Once in a while though at night (she sleeps in "HER" recliner in the living room) I find a spot on the rug in the morning. She goes out at 11pm and I get up at 5:30 AM. Am I giving her too much to drink in the evening? I usually take her water away from her at 7pm. She's a year old. I can't figure out what she's doing!!! HELP!!!!

Needing new rugs :(

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was it something I said?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OH GOODNESS NO!!! Don't be silly! We actually ended up putting her back in the crate at night last night... after I read another post about the same topic. I was feeling guilty for yelling at her.. and I was more or less talking to Lucy. We're a crazy bunch here and I appreciate your comments. The good news is my husband is a flooring contractor so if the rugs need to go.. they'll go.

Thanks again :)

A

·
0 Posts
I gave up on rugs because if it's an emergency and he can't wait (Poor little guy is home alone a lot and until I finish school in May that's his lot, poor baby, so I don't fuss too much)he'll go on rugs. Mikey T. refers to it as substrate preference and it's hard to fix. Since he's 7 and never been crated it's too late to start now.
Sometimes I will gate him out of the rooms he likes to use (it's rare and usually my fault, believe me)and that works too.
Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts