Basset Hounds Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Tim,

Could you post directions especially coming from Route 83 and make a recommendation about arrival time - I don't want Dean to spank me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
From Harrisburg, take 283 E to 743, I-Iershey/ Elizabethtown Exit. Turn-right off ramp to first stop light. take hard left onto 241-Mount Gretna Rd., proceed 3 miles. Turn right on Milton Grove Rd, then immedjately turn left on TraiI1:{d. Proceed to top of hill, club lane on left top.
From Lancaster US 30 to 283 W to Elzabethtown/ Rheerns Exit. Turn right off exit onto Cloverleaf rd to Green Tree Rd (straight), f:eek:llow Green Tree to "T'" with Elizabethtown Rd. Turn right, go aprox. 1 1/2 mile then left onto trail Rd. Go to verry top of hill and turn rt at lane.
mapquest. here is a link for directions
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formt...S&geodiff=1

·
Registered
183 Posts
Pinkwhip,

I understand your newbie nerves now! I just went to the AHBA website and started reading!! Yikes, I'm not sure if Hazley's ready for this! Running rabbits in the park is a whole world away from a AHBA hunt! I do have questions:

Do I need to join the AHBA?
Do I need to bring any papers with me?
What time do I need to be there, I think it was 7am.
What else should I bring?

YIKES, what am I doing?
Barb

·
Registered
797 Posts
You do not join the AHBA-- for $8 each hound is registered with the AHBA -- no papers necessary, if you have an AKC registration, bring that, but not required. Entries close a 7am, so be there by 6:30. Bring warm clothes and outdoor shoes (boots)
It's alot of fun --- your hound will have a ball!! Fully fenced grounds - can't lose a dog last I heard the weather is not going to be bad there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Seriously, this is just like rabbits running in a park. The women in my cast were just following their dogs and talking about shopping in New York. It's fun. It's casual. No dogs lost or we string up Dean.

For what it's worth, I don't try to make things look easy/fun when they are not to try to convince people to come. In my other life as a bike racer I tell always tell new women that it's hard, scary, you got be in shape and crashing is not a matter if, but when - so they can be prepared and no what to expect.

So when I say this is ALL FUN, NO PRESSURE, you can really believe it - I would tell you the real scoop. You don't have to be prepared and the only pressure put on you might be to eat a sandwich and drink a beer.

I'm still not sure about the weather situation ---- I don't want to get stuck out there!

·
Registered
797 Posts
No beer till the hunt is over --- should go well with the chocolate brownies somebody is bringing --- no names, but I hear brownies from MD are pretty tasty :rolleyes:

Weather Saturday -- high 33 degrees - cloudy - no precip ---- Sunday about the same, possibly some mixed precipitation
Just to be sure you know, each day is a seperate hunt. This is not a 2 day event, --- 2 one day events

As far as stringing me up, people have been trying for years. I stay out of big trouble by being sneaky enough to not get caught. B)

Seriously, this is just like rabbits running in a park. The women in my cast were just following their dogs and talking about shopping in New York. It's fun. It's casual. No dogs lost or we string up Dean.

For what it's worth, I don't try to make things look easy/fun when they are not to try to convince people to come. In my other life as a bike racer I tell always tell new women that it's hard, scary, you got be in shape and crashing is not a matter if, but when - so they can be prepared and no what to expect.

So when I say this is ALL FUN, NO PRESSURE, you can really believe it - I would tell you the real scoop. You don't have to be prepared and the only pressure put on you might be to eat a sandwich and drink a beer.

I'm still not sure about the weather situation ---- I don't want to get stuck out there![/b]

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Alright. This is serious. Cold weather. Chilly doggie butts.

I would like to know how many of you are really going to be there - even though it's going to be be COLD ---- plus I need a brownie count --- and believe me I don't want to wimp out - but the weather is starting to worry me - in that I'm wondering who will actually show.

Not to push, but I don't want Belle to freeze her littler whiskers off alone.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hubby and I will be there with Hazley tomorrow! I think we're going to leave Midgie at home, so we can scope things out. I'm a bit leary about Hazley though, she can be very timid in new situations, but we'll see how it goes! My husband grew up with retrievers and field trials, so this is going to be fun. We both appreciate watching working dogs, no matter what type!

Barb

21 - 28 of 28 Posts