Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I may be blind, but I couldn't find an "Introduce Yourself" thread or forum sooo... Just stopping by to say "HELLO!" and introduce myself here! Glad to have found this site! :)

I guess I should introduce my BH babies too! We are the "people" to two loving Bassets...Winston, our 10-11 y/o, 65# "old guy". He was our first and a rescue from a local shelter. Not only was he our first Basset, but also our first dog. What a way to jump into the field of dog ownership! LOL He's always been a comedian and couldn't be a better dog. Very mellow (at times), and loves everyone and everything! Boy do I have stories about this guy, but I'll save those for other threads. We rescued him when he was about 3...at least that's what the people at the shelter said they estimated his age at (we think he may have been a bit older). He's like a normal Basset..all nose, selective hearing and completely lead by food to a fault. ;) When we tell people how much he weighs they always expect him to be "fat" but when they see him...he's in really great shape and just a big BH.

Our most recent BH addition is Tuck! He's approximately 14 weeks old now and is a total terror, but in a good way (at times). Like his older brother, he's definitely a comedian at heart and total foodie. He loves his big brother and follows him like a shadow at times, but doesn't get his feeling hurt when his bro let's him know it's not play time (he seems to understand that his brother is a bit up in years and isn't able to get around like he is with his arthritis....the sweetheart). He's forever running around the house, chasing the cats to play with them and he's great at finding things we've lost under various pieces of furniture or in little dark crevices of our old house. He was an unexpected addition that we weren't sure we were going to keep, but look at my photo album....how could you *really* say "no" to that face?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Welcome! I checked out your photos, and both your babies are beautiful. I'm a softie for the older ones, and Winston is just gorgeous. Right now I have Lightning, who is 12, but I still think of him as 4 months old. I lost Stomps last year. He was a rescue and a total love. I'm looking forward to hearing your stories about Winston and the baby.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wow, they're both beautiful. Good luck with Tuck :D The wifey and I just adopted Woofus, and he's been great. I don't think I'll ever choose another breed of dog, bassets are the best!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey! Thanks for saying "hello!"

I LOVE the pics of Lightning sleeping! LOL That's too much! Our Tuck is already putting that sleep position into good use. I rarely see him sleep any other way. So cute! :) Lightning and Stomps...bless him...are sooo adorable! I, too, have an affinity for the seniors especially since Winston is getting up there. With his Rimadyl, though, he gets to acting like a puppy in his play. He does this Let's-see-how-fast-I-can-run-around-the-entire-perimeter-of-the-yard game that he loves and barks the whole time! He's my big baby.

I adore Woofus' little freckles!! How adorable!! LOL He's definitely a cutie! How old is he? Bassets are truly one of the best breeds. Silly, stubborn, lovable, goof balls! What more could you ask for? :D We've always said we'll never be without at least one.

Since we got Winston when he was already an adult we always said we'd get a Basset puppy when he decided it was time to go. We thought that would still be a few years in the future, but Tuck wasn't going to wait for us. Our acquiring Tuck is a pretty sad story and totally unplanned, but it brought him to us so it all turned out wonderful..even though it was a little earlier than we thought. We couldn't be happier and we're quickly learning that Basset pups aren't like any other breed. We totally learning as we go, but sites like this have become invaluable. So great to have found this place!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Welcome! Your babies are precious!

~Heather

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome... funny but our boy was named Lightning when we first got him too but it just didn't seem to fit him so we renamed him Beauregard. Most often it's Bobo though. He's a silly boy that we rescued who has his issues but is a very good boy at heart. He and our show girl Roxie are attached at the hip and do everything together (aside from going to shows which Beau is not happy about). I'm thinking about starting him in Rally though so he can come along and compete as well at shows where both are offered. Anyway welcome aboard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts