Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We celebrated the New Year yesterday at some good friends, with music, song and joy!

We even had a percussionist:

The Travelling Bassets occupied the only couch, Doris tried to hide her sensible ears:

The accordionist got a new and big fan in Emma. She looked at him with entranced eyes all evening.
She had never met anyone who could outhowl her before.

But the most interested part of the celebrating, was a cage with a guinea pig, a chinchilla and a rabbit. Emma and Doris stood in line to get a glimse of them:

But the evening had to come to an end, and the old year too. The sky was filled with fireworks:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Good Morning Steinar, looks like we are the only ones up this morning. everyone else must have over indulged last night!
Lovely pictures of an obviously enjoyable evening. Emma and Doris have a better social life than I do...

Sandy

·
Registered
987 Posts
That looks like a great time. I love that last picture it looks like something off of a post card.
We had a very quiet evening at home with the girls in front of the fireplace. We could hear the local fireworks though.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Happy New Year to all! We had a nice evening, too, with friends across the street. We all wanted to build a big bonfire out back, but with the ban on all outside burning, we didn't. It was still nice and no one got terribly tipsy. Lucy spent the evening with our friends basset, Bassie. They had a blast!

A

·
0 Posts
Your evening looks nice. We like small groups of friends together rather than big bashes. We didn't go to any house parties and we like to be at home for our new years eve.

Had a nice salmon dinner with fixings, (Ruby got some), watched a DVD while Ruby slept. We slept too during the movie and then at midnight we all got hugs and kisses and then off to bed. May sound boring to some, but we like it.

Next week we close escrow on Ruby's new dog house and the repairs will begin soon after. Won't move in for at least a month.

A

·
0 Posts
Your evening looks nice. We like small groups of friends together rather than big bashes. We didn't go to any house parties and we like to be at home for our new years eve.

Had a nice salmon dinner with fixings, (Ruby got some), watched a DVD while Ruby slept. We slept too during the movie and then at midnight we all got hugs and kisses and then off to bed. May sound boring to some, but we like it.

Next week we close escrow on Ruby's new dog house and the repairs will begin soon after. Won't move in for at least a month.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Looks like you guys celebrated in style :) We were rather dull here- A late dinner and a movie at home... then off to bed :) I love the picture with the fireworks- Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Happy New Year everyone. We had a quiet evening here. Sadie, Spencer & I tried to make it up to midnight, but I am still recovering from being sick & Sadie & Spencer, being the the Bassets they are, well, we all slept the new year in! The fireworks did wake us all up, but only briefly! :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went to give Snoopy a New Year cuddle at midnight, and he just looked grumpy that I'd woken him, and went straight back to sleep!

C

·
0 Posts
I was asleep by 10! Good to see you had some fun!! I am laughing at Doris and Emma looking into the cage!!

Louie seems to like music too!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Happy New Year, Steinar, Emma and Doris!!!

Arooo from Henrietta and WInston.

M

·
0 Posts
Happy New Year Steinar, Emma & Doris!!! Your girls definitely have a better social life than I do!!! Sure looks like a fun evening!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Happy New Years!

Wow looks like you had a full house and a great time. :)

My partner and I were wiped from the Christmas goings on and decided this year we'd try just have some time with just the two of us (and the houndies of course) and we quietly sat on the couch watching the yule logs burn just curled up together and grateful to be where we're at.

The hounds snoozed beside us with their heads in our laps. We woke em up with gentle kisses and cuddles when midnight ticked over though. :)

A

·
0 Posts
Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

We hold hands in a circle at midnight and sing Auld Lang Syne. Where was Toby? In the middle of the circle aroooooing his heart out!

Wishing everyone health and happiness for 2006.

:) :) :)

A

·
0 Posts
Happy New Year, Steinar and the ladies! I look forward to seeing and hearing from you in 2006!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts