Basset Hounds Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I'm so sorry that Flash's life is ending just as she's found a loving family. It is just so unfair. Someone once reminded me that dogs don't think of the past or the future. Everything is about the present. And right now Flash is deliriously happy in a loving home. She will go to the bridge feeling loved and loving. And if an animal has to go, that's the way they should go. So I'm sorry for your loss, but at least she had this short time with your family to know what love feels like. I'm not religious at all, but I think you and your husband are angels to have taken this beautiful girl in and done everything you have for her. Please try to focus on what a wonderful life you gave this lady in the last few months of her life.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
In the short time that she has been with you she learned to be a real dog ,love life ,have all the love she could want and everything she needed,food,a bed,and a roof. It will never seem like enough to us,it never does.My Bubba was 3 when diagnosed with Lymphosarcoma,affecting his liver and intestines.I put him on the meds ,probably the ones your vet was thinking of,because they gave him a month without the meds but 4 with the meds. It put the cancer in remission for a short time and he lived 7 months instead of 4.(his story has been written on here ) You gave this girl the best of the time she had left I am sure she knows and is greatful ,in her own way.There are not many people like you who would have done that for a dog. Thank You

·
Registered
767 Posts
God bless and comfort Flash and her family. The tribute was beautiful.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I don't visit this forum as much as I used to and so just read the saga of Flash and your family.

What you've posted has really affected me. You and your husband have reminded me that there is indeed kindness and compassion in a world that often seems bleak and full of darkness. Thank you for this wonderful Christmas gift.

I wish you peace and all good things in the new year.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Carly, the video was lovely. Flash appreciates everything you have done for her, she will be an angel on your shoulder for the rest of your life.

Thank you again for inspiring me to take a chance on a downtrodden girl.

Huggs!
Louise and Ethel

·
Registered
697 Posts
Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has heard from Carly the family. If you are reading this know we are thinking of you x

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I haven't been on since before Christmas some time. But I had to check on Flash. It is such a cute video and of course I am crying again. You are doing such a good job with her and know you did your best and have given her such a good end. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Does anyone know anything about flash. I'm bumping this because I haven't found anything and was just wondering. I may have missed it.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts