Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce you to Hilda (age 7) and Thor (14 weeks). Hope you like the pics![/b]

Hi THere

They are gorgeous
I have a nine year old and 12 week old basset. How are your two bassets getting on. How do you find the age difference. My 9 year old Josh is not really into playing with the new arrival Bob. Bob is having a great time swining out of Josh's ears/ tail etc. Im wondering when Bob is a bit older that perhaps he will be more of a companion to Josh that an annoyance.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hilda and Thor are beautiful. We have Bogie, an almost two year old neutered male the keeps us entertained. I'm sure you are having a ball with the puppy. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
;) Arrooo Hilda and Thor...Welcome to the forum....P.S. Hilda your mighty pretty....
Drooly kisses...
Bruno Beazley

·
Registered
289 Posts
Oh my God those are good lookin' Bassets!

Where did you get them? They must be some type of pure bread.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Those are 2 great looking bassets. I would be curious where you got them as well. Hard to find good basset breeders in the northern midwest! ( i live in des moines)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi THere

They are gorgeous
I have a nine year old and 12 week old basset. How are your two bassets getting on. How do you find the age difference. My 9 year old Josh is not really into playing with the new arrival Bob. Bob is having a great time swining out of Josh's ears/ tail etc. Im wondering when Bob is a bit older that perhaps he will be more of a companion to Josh that an annoyance.[/b]

Thor can be a bit of an annoyance to Hilda too, but overall they get along pretty well. He gets pretty rowdy with her and she tolerates him for the most part. He seems to have brought out the puppy in her; she hasn't been this playful in years. I too am looking forward to the day he will be a good companion for her.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those are 2 great looking bassets. I would be curious where you got them as well. Hard to find good basset breeders in the northern midwest! ( i live in des moines)[/b]
We got them from 2 different breeders, both advertised in the Mpls Star Tribune. Thor came from a hobby farm in Isanti, MN. The breeders had 2 female bassets and one male. I believe this was their 2nd litter. We predict that Thor will have more exaggerated basset features than Hilda, especially those long ears. I could dig through my papers and find more detailed contact info. if you're really interested.

·
Registered
316 Posts
We got them from 2 different breeders, both advertised in the Mpls Star Tribune. Thor came from a hobby farm in Isanti, MN. The breeders had 2 female bassets and one male. I believe this was their 2nd litter. We predict that Thor will have more exaggerated basset features than Hilda, especially those long ears. I could dig through my papers and find more detailed contact info. if you're really interested.[/b]

No need to dig, I was just curious. I have two of my own that are relatively young!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Welcome, what great pictures!!! I love the bathtub picture-great picture for the calendar!!!

~Heather

1 - 20 of 24 Posts