Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a basset hound and named him Bo. He has been one of the most interesting dogs Ive ever owned. He is just a huge ball of energy and he's favorite thing to do is grab his kong n run laps around the house then jump on the couch n shove his toy as far as he can into the cushions then proceed to bark at it. (haha) I take him for daily runs at our pasture and let him play with the cows and chickens. I have began to fall in love with this breed...he truely has stolen my heart! Just figured Id introduce myself and tell you about my boy! Im hoping to find a female basset to breed him to in the future but signed up for any helpful hints to keep my boy healthy and give him the best and healthy life I can!

thanks! -Jordan:)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hi Jordan and Bo... WELCOME to the forum, where you'll encounter some nice friendly people and their beloved Bassets and other breeds. I'm so pleased Bo has stolen your heart, as Bassets can't fail to do and if you're like me and three generations of my family, you'll always have Bassets... and having always had two or three Bassets together, I can't imagine a home without Bassets. :)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Welcome, Jordan and Bo! Glad to have you here :)

We got our Molly on Sept. 3rd and she's just over 4 months old now. My husband and I both agree that we are now in love with the breed. We are talking about a second basset down the road. Molly is very energetic and takes lots of patience and work to keep up with, so we really need to wait a bit...for our own sanity. But bassets are a wonderful breed :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
My family will chime in our agreement, bassets are special! I have owned dogs all my life, and loved them all as individuals. Before our basset I'd never felt a loyalty to one breed.

I love your description of Bo running laps with his toy, we have the same action going on at our place. We have three dogs, one is 7lbs, one 25lbs and the basset is 40 or so. Their favorite toys are ropes which they use for a three way tug of war! The basset just lays down while the other two growl and tug.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the welcome everyone!...i have three dogs myself....i have a boxer , blue heeler and my basset...and tho i love each of them it seems as tho me and Bo have bonded....and I actually do have a quick question....may seem weird but...Bo has like..pimples? (?) on his chin and some on his jowls?? is this like normal to the breed or no????? thanks again everyone!!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
It's normal; Boomer has them, too, and has a long hair in each one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts