1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
972 Posts
I actually wish they'd just tie tubes and do vasectomies instead of removing the organs anyway. I've never really agreed with the removal, though I still think some pregnancy prevention is essential for most people, since most people aren't responsible with their pets. This whole convo though has made me wonder about the hormone levels and though I enjoy that Bowser doesn't really act like a boy, I worry that he's missed out on something healthy with the removal of his whoohoos!

·
Registered
973 Posts
The problem is that most dog owners are not as responsible as those of us that are active here. But they think that they are. Or they just don't care.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Have a date scheduled for Penny's spaye surgery. It is bothering me that she will only be 5 months old. Do they take her ovaries? Why? She isn't really done developing yet. Doesn't she need those hormones?

I looked for the discussion thread and couldn't find it.

FWIW: Lost my ovaries (sorry for the TMI) when I was 46, within a year, I felt like I was 76. Makes sense to me that ovary removal would affect development and aging processes.

Also, it was great to put a name to a face at NL AHBA event, meet Macie and her Canadian friends.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
Do they take her ovaries? WhyDo they take her ovaries? Why
yes complete historectomy leaving the overies in increase the risk of mamary tumors but as mention earlier in discussion is there are health benefits to the sex hornones that mitigate or exceed the risk depending on the dog and its genetic an predilection for certian diseases. There are ocasion where they are left but in the vast majority of cases this is unintentional

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
Macie and her Canadian friends.
they are related, Glad to see you appreaciated Macey's warm welcom what the hell are you doing in my field I think you should leave greating.. But she is one of those dogs that her bark is worse than her bite. She intimadate quite a few but she did learn it from the best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.