Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I used to be on this site 9 years ago. We had just given our kids a bassett puppy for Christmas. :( We lost her in February and are just now ready to have another to join our family. I can't believe how hard it has been on all of us. For the past month I have been on the phone with reputable breeders trying to find a puppy. If anyone out there has knowledge of a litter I would be so happy to here from you. Thank-you so very much.

M

·
0 Posts
I lost my Maggie Mae in January and was so sad not having a Basset. I went on a mad hunt for a reputable breeder. Now I have 2 wonderful, 1 year old, brother & sister, Rusty & Stickers! I found their breeder through the Basset Hound Club Of America. I called EVERYONE in my state that was on the list. You would be surprised how much you will learn about different breeders just from talking to people on the phone. The members are more than willing to answer any questions you hace.DO YOUR RESEARCH! If someone or something feels "not right" move on to the next person. Listen to your gut feeling! I had several people recommended Rusty & Stickers breeder. She joked after we got the dogs that I asked her so many questions, it was like an interrigation. She is a wonderful lady. They have already stayed ( boarded)at her house twice in the 3 months we've had them. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
puppy

I have been using the BHCA list of breeders. They are all so nice and know each other. It is quite a network. I live in Connecticut, but am will to drive. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts