Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all my fellow Basset Hound enthusiasts:

My name is Autumn Craven and I am an avid hunter of mostly all large and small game. Most of all, I hunt my small game quarry with Basset Hounds. After attending several American Hunting Basset Association (AHBA) field trials and having some of the best times of my life with all of the AHBA Basset Hounds and Members, I decided to start a Charter AHBA Club at my local sportsman’s club. My family and I are working through all of the details, looking at other close proximity 2000 acre hunting grounds to this club and hopefully soon, the AHBA can have another fine club to hold AHBA field trial events. The location of this club seems to be central between the Midwest and East Coast Regions and holds plenty of rabbits.

The club mentioned above is The Clairton Sportsman’s Club and is located in the south hills of Pittsburgh, PA on 196 acres of beautifully wooded land in West Mifflin and Jefferson Borough. The club has over 1200 members and many interested in hunting dogs. The facilities include indoor and outdoor archery ranges, rifle ranges to 200 yards, a CMP competition rifle range, 3 pistol ranges, a dog training area, 3 lighted skeet fields and 10 lighted trap fields. The clubs projects include 2 Scholarships to Penn State’s School of Wildlife and Fishery Science, an Explorer Post, a Junior Olympic Archery Development Chapter, and yearly sponsorship of the Pennsylvania Game Commission Hunter Safety Course. The Clubhouse is large and serves food and beverage. The Clairton Sportsman’s Club can and will accommodate all of the AHBA needs. You can visit The Clairton Sportsman’s Club website at clairtonsc.org.

If you are interested in field trialing your hounds, please visit the American Hunting Basset Association web site at bassetnet.com for more details.

Please respond with your interest and question to this post. You can also contact me by telephone at 412-751-0671 or email at [email protected].

Respectful Hunting,

Autumn Craven

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Your information is a little outdated - all charges have been dismissed.

However, her dogs are still gone forever, and the one that died during the botched spay is still dead.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts