Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone.
This is to announce to our community that we have moved to a new home. Effective yesterday, I have transferred ownership of Basset.net to a new owner. Basset.net is now part of a family of websites also known as Verticalscope. You will soon be introduced to "Yung Lee," who will be logged in as the "administrator." This transfer will not affect you at all. If you are a moderator you will remain a moderator. If you are member of the forum you may continue to enjoy the site. Nothing about how we conduct ourselves daily will change. So please join me in this new endeavor while we make this place even better!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello community members,

I would like to introduce myself to you: my name is Yung and I will be the new “Admin” for Basset.net.

A little about me: I am a dog lover. I grew up with a Doberman (with a Chinese name my parents gave to him – Sou Mei : ). He died when I was 10. As little kids (my brothers and I), I remember we use to take him to the park and just spend hours and hours playing fetch while my parents would sit and watch over us. The neighbourhood kids would join in and the three of us brothers became quite popular because of Sou-mei. Good times with him.

After a couple of years of taking a break from having a dog in the home, we got a Dalmatian (don't ask why but my parents brought him home one day). We called him Cookies because he reminded us of Cookies and Cream ice cream. He was active as a pup but we trained him well and shortly, he became a very good friend to me as my brothers were growing up and headed off to university. He was a really good guard dog too because a few times, people try to break into my car and he started barking which of course, woke everyone up. He passed away a few years ago. Again, good times.

Fast forward to where I am now. Last year, my wife and I took in a Chocolate Lab. We named her Joy. She's been the joy of our lives for the past year... I know, cheesy. But my wife loves her a lot, even more than me some days. : ) I really do hope to add another dog to our family in the next 15 months. We're tight on living space right now but once that gets sorted out, we'll be adding a new dog for sure.

I hope to contribute to this community in a positive manner and be as helpful with day-to-day stuff as I can.

Let me also share a little about VerticalScope.

Our team specializes in managing online communities in different areas of interests. We bring to the table a staff and an infrastructure that can ensure Basset.net will be around for years to come.

What are our intentions?

Our goal is to provide the resources required to have a broader reach and attract more knowledgeable dog owners to contribute that knowledge to the community. We want to continue making this an enjoyable experience and source for Basset Hound fans. We have a tech staff that is essentially on call 24/7 should there be any issues with connectivity.

Will the leadership change?

Absolutely not. We believe this community is unique and to that end we will continue to support the existing rules and leaders. The Admins and Mods here are the ones that know you the best. You guys know what rules apply to this community and who all the trouble makers are. ;) Each community is vastly different from the next so it’s important that the rules and culture of this community in which you guys have been familiar with in the past stay in place to keep things the same.

What will my role be?

Well I will primarily be a technical contact. I will check the site daily to make sure that if there are issues that arise, they will be handled promptly and correctly. We will be working closely with community moderators and at time members to ensure this community is well supported. However, since I am a dog lover too, I want to contribute when I can. By no means do I claim to be the be-all-end-all dog guy...far from it. In fact, I'll probably end up learning from you guys for the most part.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns – you can post them here or send me a PM and I will love to answer as much as I can. See you guys around!

Yung

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome Yung! I look forward to your help with some of the technical issues on the site. One that comes to mind now is the difficulty people have in posting pictures. This question comes up often, not only with new members but some old timers also. Putting a picture in as a alvatar is also an issue. We would welcome improvement in this area for starters.

Again, I welcome you and hope you continue what has worked so well for us.

Many howls and great baying to you,

Miss Daisy and her driver, Fritz

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Welcome to Cyberhound Yung! I know the members will appreciate your technical support especially with such a speedy turn-around time! I told Heather that I would be happy to continue in my capacity as moderator during the transition period. I know the board has moved to it's new home so between us I'm sure we can figure out some sort of time frame.

After owning basset hounds for most of my life, I've been without one for the last 5 years. Although I still love the breed, I'm no longer active in anything "basset" so my participation on the board as far as posting goes has declined drastically. This just seems like a perfect time to move on as far as any official capacity goes on Cyberhound but I"ll still be stopping by from time to time.

Best wishes to you and Verticalscope!

Barbara

·
Registered
782 Posts
Well, I'm so nuts-y busy lately that I can't get on as frequently as I like but welcome, Yung!
Barbara, I will miss you, BIG TIME!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
:) Welcome, Yung. We are so glad you are here to help us. Joy sounds like a delight. When you add that next fur baby in the next 15 months, be sure to think about a Basset!!! They are such an awesome dog, and they will keep you laughing with their antics, and those long ears and sad eyes are sure to win you over to this special breed.

Hi from Bogie Carter!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome Yung
This my first post on this forum. We will learn together.
I recently rescued a basset. Her name is Bella and she is comical. Very chatty and can be sassy!
Hope to learn lots!

Sim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone. I just bought a Basset Hound pup. She will be coming home at the end of Feb. She is my first BH and look forward to much fun!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello everyone. I have just gotten a 12 week old Basset. I named her Josie. She is the sweetest girl. I'm trying to potty train her now...she's a very vocal girl! But she is as sweet as can be!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a 3 year old tri colour basset who lets me live in our house i am buying a 2 mth basset pup (bitch) from belgium can anyone tell me what i am getting into what will my dogs reaction be to sharing his house ???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi to Missdaisy
we have just taken our 2 bassets home yesterday for the life journey of these little fellas. Hey do tell what your first month was like and any tips on training feeding etc greatly appreciated. Hope your having fun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi...New to the world of Bassets....just adopted a tri color 18 month old who we have named Augie Doggie....we have 3 other dogs, a Labradoodle, Labrador and English Springer Spaniel. Augie is a delightful addition to our family and unlike any dog we have ever owned...

Looking forward to learning all about Bassets on this board.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi.. I'm kinda new to the Basset forums. I made an account some time ago, but have been reading the forum since I got my Basset about a year ago to date. He's a tri-color Basset named Driftwood. I'm here to learn more about the breed as well. Looking forward to talking with the rest of you :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello from Ohio!

Hi everyone! I just found this site. I am the proud owner of a rescue. His name is Fred. I have had him for almost 2 years now, we believe he is roughly 4 years old. He gets along very well with our Yellow Lab, Ginger. Pics are in my album.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Hello John welcome. I would say lots of exercise. None of my Bassets have ever just wanted to sleep on the couch. Now they will sleep on the couch but after a good walk. I find that is the key to a dog you can work with.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts