Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey! I am also a new basset owner. Looks like our bassets are about the same age. Charlie (my 4.5 month old female basset) was born at the end of December. I agree with Hig4s that bassets definitely take the time to think "Do I want to do this?" Some people say bassets aren't smart, but really, it is my belief that they just do what they want on their own time. Is that a pretty big intelligence in itself?!

How is training going for you? We do use treats for Charlie, but she often will do a trick for us just for a simple praise "good job" or a tummy rub. She knows a handful of tricks but sometimes will resort to doing all of them with out being commanded to do so if we have a treat in our hand. ha. Here is a link to a video I posted of her doing her tricks:

Are you crate training? Isn't life just great now that you have a basset? Great choice in dogs:) Congratulations and have fun watching Bella grow up!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.