Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm Cat from central Illinois. My husband and I just got our first Basset Hound. He is 8 weeks old...but we haven't named him yet. We just got through our first night away from his littermates, which actually went really smoothly minus the brief wake up call at 6am. I've got a couple of pictures of him but not sure how to post them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, let's see here, I uploaded the pics to my photobucket account, let's see if this works. He found a cozy spot in the laundry basket right after we got home.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
He is adorable! I always regretted that I had never seen my Moe as a pup. I missed out on alot of fun, nurturing, and puppy-shenanigans. I am glad that I get to experience all that second-hand through people like you as you share your photos and experiences with us. Wishing you many years together of fun, companionship, and love.

Terry :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome :D

I'll be getting my basset (Jackie) in two weeks and I can hardly wait. It looks like we will be raising our pups together!!! I look forward to the good times and good luck with the house training.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
He's cute! I love the open white with black- Lots of freckles too :) Welcome- Wendy (Mom to Samantha, Jake, Abby & Indy)

·
Registered
27 Posts

[/quote]

Your going to be sooooo happy with your new baby. Me and my family just got our first basset and shes 8 weeks as of today and there is not a day that goes by that she does not make me laugh!

A

·
0 Posts
He is just adorable and can't wait to hear what you name him!

We got Annie from a breeder in southern Illinois and was told she moved but still in Illinois somewhere breeding Bassets.

Would you mind letting me know your breeder's name? Her last name was Spiller but can't think of her first name.

Thanks so much and can't wait to hear that cutie's little name!

ENJOY!

Kathy

·
Registered
535 Posts
He is just adorable, I'm sure he will bring you much joy. Our little sweet heart is just over 5 months, we got her about 2 months ago and just adore her.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for all the wonderful replies. I'm happy to say we've finally given the little guy a name...Charlie. :D I don't know why, he just looks like a Charlie. LOL He was born April 25, 2006. We also have a picture of his mom that the breeder gave us as a keepsake. It's so funny because she is like a light tan and white and all the pups are black and white with little freckles. I will get a picture of his belly to show you, it's the funniest thing I've seen.

Originally posted by LuvOurBasset

Would you mind letting me know your breeder's name?  Her last name was Spiller but can't think of her first name.  
We got him from Mrs. Jones in Nokomis, IL. Cute lil town. The pups were all romping through the back yard for some playtime when we came to pick him up. Our almost 5 year old son has fallen in love with him already.

I do have one probably silly question. We got an AKC registration application from her and well...I'm not quite sure what I'm suppose to do with it.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Charlie's a sweetie. I love all the freckles on his snout.

Bassets amaze me - they are either on or off. One minute they can be racing around like crazy dogs and then they can collapse into a little heap in the most comfy spot in the house.

I hope you have many tales of basset to share with us.

A

·
0 Posts
Yes, he does look like a Charlie...good name!

Thanks for the scoop on the breeder in Nokomis which gave me a good laugh.

I used to play soccer and our sponsor was "Nokomis Ford" in Nokomis, Illinois and here we were all from St. Louis so it made no sense since Nokomis is about 60 miles from here. All the other teams would ask us where the heck Nokomis was and it became a league joke. In fact, for some reason it is the only jersey I have kept...guess it brings back a lot of good laughs. Steve is always wants to give it to Goodwill.

Thanks again for the scoop and enjoy the heck out of Charlie!

Kathy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by LuvOurBasset

I used to play soccer and our sponsor was \"Nokomis Ford\" in Nokomis, Illinois and here we were all from St. Louis so it made no sense since Nokomis is about 60 miles from here.  

Kathy
How funny is that, we moved back to Illinois, our hometown of Springfield, after living in St. Louis for 3 years. I couldn't get out of that state fast enough.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
LuvOurBasset,

I think the breeder's first name is Karen. Did you meet a Wire Haired Griffon? I have a friend who sold her the Griffon and says Karen is great! Does obedience and has a great sense of humor. Does that sound like your breeder?
Is this her?

Edited to take out the picture as I think this isn't the person. :oops:

A

·
0 Posts
Barbara...Looked up the breeder's name this evening and it is Kim Spiller and she lived in Willisville, Illinois when we got Annie and now we don't know where she lives.

She made us promise we would mail a picture of Annie every year for her scrapbooks of all her Bassets and when we mailed this year's picture it was returned saying they moved with no forwarding address.

Kathy

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Very welcome to Charlie and his angels (slaves)! :D

There's a Kimberly Spiller
living on 382 North Sato Road
in Ava, Illinois - could it be her?

A

·
0 Posts
That could be her in Ava, Illinois and will try and contact her. Ava isn't too far from Willisville.

How did you find that since you live "over the water"?

Thanks so much for the help!

Kathy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts