Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am a new member & Basset owner but long time dog owner. Boomer, our beloved 17 y.o. Springer Spaniel died a year ago. We adopted Simone 5 months ago when she was 13 months old. I left the house that morning to adopt Jack but the adoption coordinator asked me to meet a sweet, little Basset. There were several families that wanted Jack but no one wanted Simone, who was rescued after her owner's death and having puppies at 10 months old. Her last pup had just been weaned and adopted. It was love a first sight, Simone adopted me that day!! She is quite a stubborn girl but so sweet and funny that we can't help but laugh. I have already learned a lot from your posts but will probably have many questions for the group, Bassets and Springers are quite different!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Welcome to the group! I had Springers for many years, too. Now we have Chuck our Basset puppy and Chumlee our Cocker/Springer mix (almost 1 year old).

-Dana

·
Registered
608 Posts
Always love to hear a rescue story. Poor wee soul, bred so young. Really wish it was law that only responsible people were allowed to breed, and the others who do it for cash are fined. Can always dream.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome!!

Welcome, Simone and Simone's Mom. I've only been here for a week or so, but been owned (and believe me, with bassets that's the way it is) by bassets for 20 some years. They are some of the most loveable, sweet large-breed dogs there are, but also most definitely the most stubborn. It sounds like you've already found that out, though. I know a couple people on here already from previous list memberships, but so far, everyone is nice and helpful. Should you have questions, feel free to ask. You can even contact me directly, should you wish. I fostered for years so have ran into some of the more common failings of bassets as well as a few common ailments. We look forward to talking with you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Always love to hear a rescue story. Poor wee soul, bred so young. Really wish it was law that only responsible people were allowed to breed, and the others who do it for cash are fined. Can always dream.
Thank you!!! I've said for years that a license should be mandatory!! And one he!! of a stiff fine if breeding was done without it!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Wow, Simone, you have been through a lot. So glad you are in your Mommy's hands now.

More pictures please!
You are nice looking (well, I am an adolescent boy...) and I'd like to see more... hee hee...!::rolleyes:

--your pal, Worm

(Worm's owner says: "Worm, stop being so creepy!")

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Look out Worm, Boomer is eying her, too! And Esther. And all the pretty basset girls here.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Simone says she loves it when the boys try to win her heart, but that will take food!!!
She tried to make friends with a male Dachshund today but he was shaking in his paws, too much woman for him!!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Simone says she loves it when the boys try to win her heart, but that will take food!!!
She tried to make friends with a male Dachshund today but he was shaking in his paws, too much woman for him!!
That last line ALMOST made peppermint tea come out my nose. Hilarious! Go 'head girl!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts