Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

It has been a busy last couple of weeks, and I'm just getting around to letting you all know that we did adopt another bassett. "DeeDee" came to us from rescue recently, and although I was a bit nervous, she has fit in beautifully and even has Button wrapped around her little pinky toe! She came from an abusive home, until she was placed in foster care and now she is ours! She was way underweight, but between foster care and living with us, she has put on around nine pounds. She is now up to 42 pounds. We would like her to be between 45 and 46 so we are feeding her a high protein diet with the boiled chicken and vegetables as well. She is between 2-3 years old. She has the longest ears I ever saw, but probably because her face is so long and thin. She is so sweet, a real snuggler. We love her so much. She has been a great addition and she loves to run and play, so Elmer and Button are even giving up some of their couch potato ways.

Here are some pics:

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

·
Registered
86 Posts
She is gorgeous and looks like she is very happy in her new home! Congrats for finding such a beautiful addition to your family! They are a handsome bunch!

Kathy

·
Registered
782 Posts
Oh, that sweet little face. What kind of person could abuse anything, never mind that gorgoeus little dog. Congratulations on your new addition!

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
She looks so happy on the couch with your husband- what a lucky girl that she has a home with you now! Congratulations!

·
Registered
773 Posts
DeeDee's expression in those last two shots says it all -- this is the best her life has ever been.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
:) Congratulations!!!! :) What a lucky girl DeeDee is to have found such a special "forever" home. She is beautiful!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
She is beautiful and so lucky to have you!

~Heather

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
She's beautiful! Elmer & Button looked pleased to have her too. :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Oh, she's a lovely girl. Very refined looking--and such lovely ears....

Hello Everyone,
It has been a busy last couple of weeks, and I'm just getting around to letting you all know that we did adopt another bassett. "

1 - 15 of 15 Posts