Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My name is Dayna. My bassets are Pierre and LaBelle and my notabassets are Elke and Izzy. You can also see my facebook page @ Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

I've been on another list for years, but have found the politics and cliques not to my liking. While I learned a great deal over the years, the flames and derogatory comments far outweighed what I learned. I hope this will be more educational and less clique-ish. I certainly look forward to meeting all of you.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Hiya! I think I know which list you're talking about.
My dad got kicked off there for having an opinion.
Hounds and humans alike are real real nice here.

Are you going to the Michigan waddle?
My good friend bobthedog was king there one year!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice to meet you! My basset puppy's name is Chuck and my nonbasset is Chumlee...they are best of buds! Pics of both are posted in the Photo Gallery.

Dana

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not this year. I've talked with Kathy (Bobthedog's slave) quite a few times on both the other list I'm still currently on (debating the unsubscribe thing) and facebook. I truly like her and Bob. I wish I could go, but no time this year. Saving up for next year, though. My DH isn't fond of the "saving to waddle" thing, but I remind him that it's for a good cause. Besides, we would never have fostered and failed fostering with Bubba and LaBelle if there hadn't been a Michigan Basset Rescue and a Michigan Waddle. He truly enjoys going, though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ChucksMom (Dana?), nice to meet you! My Pierre (13 two days ago), my notabassets Elke and Nikki were really close until I fostered and kept LaBelle and Bubba both. Then it got a little crazy. Bubba and Pierre hated each other with a passion that was almost holy. I had to keep them separated. If they got too close, a fight would ensue. Not pretty. LaBelle adored Pierre as did every female foster that ever graced my home. It was funny to see some of them strut their stuff in front of a male that could have cared less. Pierre was neutered at 3 1/2 months old so had no "desire" for any of that. And it didn't matter if the females were intact or not. They still flirted with him! Anyway, Nikki and Bubba have passed on and I inherited my mother's dog, Izzy, a beagle/doxie mix. He's hilarious. Pierre's the alpha (actually, I am, but I let him have his dilusions :p ) so Izzy will try to dominate him. At first, the old man would try to reach around and bite Izzy. Izzy's 2 years old and very fast and spry. He would jump out of the way and laugh at him. Funny to watch. Now, Pierre just sits down and Izzy just gets bored because he's not getting anywhere. Still funny to watch. Tell me about your dogs, all of you.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hi Dayna (and pack)!

Welcome and nice to meet you! My hound is Annie Oakley, she is 6 years old. This is my first and only Basset Hound group and I cannot imagine where I'd be without the wealth of information that I have gained here.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome Dayna, Pierre, LaBelle, Izzy and Elke (could these be named after Rock & Movie Stars)

I've found this forum to be a friendly, helpful bunch. Only saw a thread turn nasty a couple of times in the 18 months I've been participating.

I'm bassetless at the moment but will be bringin one home soon! The forum helps me be patient while I'm waiting.

Thanks for sharing your hounds. Post a picture when you can!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I've been here since June, and like gsally, have found it to be nothing but a friendly, helpful bunch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Annie, that's what I'm hoping to find here. I'm hoping I can dispense some, too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GSally and Boomer, I'm hoping to get away from all the politics and near-flames, etc. I won't get involved in nasty, flaming talks. I'll walk away before that happens. I honestly can't stand it!! I just want to learn and teach. I've had my boy Pierre since he was a little guy at 10 weeks. Pierre, aka Pooper, is 13 years old as of 3/21 @ about 8 am CST (9 am EST). I also foster for Michigan Basset Rescue occasionally. I don't do it nearly as much as I used to. For a while there, we never got a break. Of course, I didn't mind. Now, though, I'm just not ready for more responsibility. My 4 are enough right now. I am looking for a rescue puppy eventually. The fosters now will all be seniors or terminal (permanent fosters). I don't want the young ones that are a bit wild because their previous owners didn't teach them anything and then got rid of them because they didn't teach them anything. Viscious circle.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome...

This site is great...alot of helpful, informative, caring group of Basset People...

Flash, Daisy, Luke, Boss Hogg, and Roscoe...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Insane, irreverent and mostly harmless is good!! THAT I can deal with :)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Welcome from Maggie my 2 1/2 year old, Daisy our 1 year old failed foster, and our Puggle Yogi 2.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you, Maggie, Daisy and Yogi. From Pierre, failed foster LaBelle and notabassets Elke and Izzy.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Welcome Dana,
I have been in this group since I brought home my first Basset Hound (Woodrow Hayes) back in Dec. and these folks have been very friendly and caring. I have gone to them numerous times for advise or comfort and have been greatly rewarded. I have no other groups to compare them to but find these people to be top notch..

Once again, welcome to you and your family,

Kristi (Woody Hayes' mom)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts