Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! We're pretty new here, and I'd like to introduce Bella.

We live in Sicily, Italy. We got Bella from a local pet store one day when we went looking for a pooper scooper for our Sicilian mutt, Bruno. We certainly didn't go to the pet store expecting to see a really cute Basset puppy. She was expensive, and infected with intestinal parasites (we didn't know at the time), but we got her all better and healthy!

She is so great. She will sit in front of my legs while I'm cooking trying to get some attention and food (of course). When I look down at her, she will roll over for me to pet her belly with my foot. The first thing she does when we let her inside from the back yard, is run to the table and jump up to see if there's food there. If I'm wearing sandals or no shoes, she will lick my toes as she comes in from the back yard too. It drives me crazy because it feels gross, but it's cute.

We are so glad we found her because we just love her. We call her Bella the Hungarian basset hound dog (the passport she came with from the pet store is from Hungary).

We're glad to have found this website. I love looking at everyone's pictures and reading all the funny things bassets do!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
a human at my house is related to folks in lucca
they have good food there. i might hafta look into this italy thing.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Welcome to you and Bella! You'll quickly find out that these dogs can and will drive you nuts but when you need a laugh they'll definitely provide you with plenty. Congratulations on the new puppy! I hope her intestinal parasites are cleared up.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Beldin and I say "welcome" too! This forum and its' folks have been invaluable resource of information, good laughs, supportive shoulders to cry on (if needed) as well as good friends and a great fellowship for the strange breed that is a basset owner *lol*

Welcome to the legion of food-slaves, and basset adore-ers. :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome Bella, you sure are pretty and so lucky to have found such a good home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts