Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's official, the hounds rule the house. I now have no seating for people.
After slowly watching my couch being destroyed, I ditched the couch and made a new bed for the hounds. I bought two large dog pillows, and made a PVC raised frame. It's 6 feet by 3 feet, a lot larger than my old couch, so now I need to re-arrange the furniture.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That is awesome. I can see me and the wife are probably going to have some heated discussions about new furniture coming up...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Dozer and Digger sure look comfy! How long does it take to make a bed like that? Any danger of the bed tipping when the hounds get up there?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dozer and Digger sure look comfy! How long does it take to make a bed like that? Any danger of the bed tipping when the hounds get up there?[/b]
It took longer to go get supplies than it took to build it. (I live 40 miles from Home Depot) I spent $109 all together, $50 for pipe & fittings, $59 for the pillows, but I had the plywood on hand that I used for the base.
It doesn't move at all when they jump on or off. In fact, it held me when I sat on it, and I even laid down on it. (They even joined me :eek: ) I'm not stating my weight combined with thier's, so lets just say it will support at least 5-6 hounds. :lol:

I do need to make a design change on the front. The front rail is too high to clear. I will post more detailed pictures when I finish.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
What a neat idea!! It does look like the "kings rule" in your home. Such lucky hounds to have such a creative Mom.

Hmmmmm! I'll have to bring up the outside pipe bed from the basement winter storage and throw his bed on it! He may love his "elevated" status. :rolleyes: Naturally Bogie doesn't reign in our home!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Bassets dont need special beds -----My motorhome caught fire in Death Vally on the way to the BHCA Nationals in San Diego--had to turn 5 bassets loose on the desert till help arrived -- ended up driving back cross-country with 5 bassets and the contents of the motorhome, in a Chevy Lumina mini-van --- stopped at a Best Western motel, parked around the corner, walked in, asked if they had a problem with pets. They said no, so 5 bassets slept with me on the king size bed. Should have seen the face in the morning when I opened the door and 5 bassets on lead walked out the door.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I lowered the front rail of the bed, because it looked like they might catch a paw between the rail and plywood.
Here are some updated pictures with the change.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts