Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i an starting a new job tomorrow, my own class of 6 year olds!! Ever since we've had Bella i've only worked part time and its gonna be a big change ( for me anyway!) I have left her for 4 hours at a time when working as a supply teacher but that wasnt regularly. Now she will be left for 2 hours maybe 2 and a half hours on a monday, tuesday and wednesday. On monday and wednesdat my parents will come and get her and take her to their house, walk her feed her be with her, she is used to their house as i am there regularly with her and they have looked after her during the day many times, she has her own bed and special chair there and is usually ok. On a tuesday other halfs mum is coming here to sit in , so she will have company thoug she has done it once before she said Bella was unsettled, it transpired she was sitting on top of sof alooking out of window, she thought bella was looking for me but she does that when i am here she is just nosey! On a thursday and friday other half is off so he will be with her most of the time unless he nips to the shops.
so she wont be left long but question is how will mummy cope! I want to work but i am going to miss her so much! Do you think our furry babies know how much we love them, i tell bella many times during the day but she just looks at me with her gorgeous brown eyes! tonight she has made me smile by burrying her head under the fleece blanket on the sofa nad then emerging all confused just to check i'm still here!! How come they have such an ability to make us feel guilty!?

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
so she wont be left long but question is how will mummy cope! I want to work but i am going to miss her so much!

the more fuss and anxiety you have and create upon leaving and greeting upon return, is going to have a big effect on the dog. If you make a big deal of leaving the dog is going to feel it is a big deal when you leave her alone and act accordingly. Dogs are very perceptive of our emotions which can have a profound effect on them.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
So i an starting a new job tomorrow, my own class of 6 year olds!! Ever since we've had Bella i've only worked part time and its gonna be a big change ( for me anyway!) I have left her for 4 hours at a time when working as a supply teacher but that wasnt regularly. Now she will be left for 2 hours maybe 2 and a half hours on a monday, tuesday and wednesday. On monday and wednesdat my parents will come and get her and take her to their house, walk her feed her be with her, she is used to their house as i am there regularly with her and they have looked after her during the day many times, she has her own bed and special chair there and is usually ok. On a tuesday other halfs mum is coming here to sit in , so she will have company thoug she has done it once before she said Bella was unsettled, it transpired she was sitting on top of sof alooking out of window, she thought bella was looking for me but she does that when i am here she is just nosey! On a thursday and friday other half is off so he will be with her most of the time unless he nips to the shops.
so she wont be left long but question is how will mummy cope! I want to work but i am going to miss her so much! Do you think our furry babies know how much we love them, i tell bella many times during the day but she just looks at me with her gorgeous brown eyes! tonight she has made me smile by burrying her head under the fleece blanket on the sofa nad then emerging all confused just to check i'm still here!! How come they have such an ability to make us feel guilty!?
You do realise that this is ALL about 'mummy' and her feelings. I'd suggest leaving her for 2 - 2.5 hours each day is something she'll be more than capable of dealing with, without all the coming and going you have set up - and which may not last in any case!!! If she were mine, I'd make sure she's taken care of, fed, emptied and than indoors with the radio on low, she'll be just fine. Remember what you start doing with her, people coming in etc., you'll probably have to keep doing and to be honest, there could be days when the other people can't be there for some reason. She'll obviously miss that - and for that reason I think you should try leaving her for the 2+ hours, as long as it isn't longer than 4 hours, and see how she manages. YOU may feel better having all this going on - she may find it's not necessary!!! And would be perfectly okay left on her own for a few hours

·
Registered
2 Posts
Of course, you can earn money and there are many ways of doing it because there is a long tail of jobs that offers you many opportunities.
Personally, I work by selling my photos with all the beautiful things that we have around us. Websites like Shutterstock, Pond5, iStock/Getty Images, and Fotolia pay me for my still pictures or stock footage (short video clips). Each company has specific guidelines. But in general, they look for quality photos that are generic and seasonal.
If you want to earn money, there are a lot of ways. All you have to do is to find a perfect one for your lifestyle and go ahead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts