Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Home!

Yay! We're finally in our new home! It's wonderful! The kids and the pups are thrilled! And I really do like this place ... I'm so glad that we've finally got everything all moved in (although we're still unpacking) and not everything went off without a hitch ...

To start with, I was going to rent a moving van for the 31st and was hoping I'd have everything (between myself and the three kids) down to just one load - get it all over with as quickly as possible. The plan was ... pick the truck up at 8am ... load it, get to the new house, unload it, drop the truck off and be done before the kids got out of school that same day so all that'd be left would be the unpacking and organizing ... ambisious? - Maybe. But in my mind ... totally doable.

That was the plan.

Well, my parents thought the cube van sounded like a good idea. They were supposed to move in to the house on the 30th, the day before me, to make sure everything was ready, etc. So they asked if I'd mind getting the truck a day early so they could use it, and we'd split costs. Sure! Why not?

So my dad and I go down and pick it up at 8am on the 30th, take it up to their old place and I go back to my place to finish packing.

On the morning of the 31st I walk the kids to school, not remembering my landlord had also shown up the day before and taken my keys ... but no problem - I remembered my mom had a copy. So I drop the kids off at school and decide to walk over to the new place and get the key from my mom and check with dad about when he's bringing the van over.

Only they weren't there.

So I wait for a bit and come to the conclusion they've either gone back to the old place for some last minute stuff, or I missed them and they were taking the cube van to my place. - So, I hurry back to my place ... on the way there the bottom of one of my shoes falls off AND it starts raining!

I get back to my place - no parents - no van - no keys.

And it just got better and better from there ... :D

(pictures to come soon).

A

·
0 Posts
Glad you are in your new digs! Isn't moving up there with death and taxes on the anxiety chart? Hope things begin to smoth out. It sounds like a very exciting time for you. yvonne

A

·
0 Posts
We've been in our house 3 weeks today and there's still stuff all over the place. Since you're so organized, why not come over and help me find proper places for everything. Kind of a long drive from Canada to California tho....ha!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Congratulations!! I've never known anyone to move with some problems - yours sound like they were all manageable. Although I'm sure about 3 days of solid sleep would be really nice.

Can't wait to see pics, but I guess we have to wait til you find where you packed them camera. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts