Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi eveyone I have been reading the post for awhile. I have a basset named Maggie and a boxer named Lola We have thought about adding a third dog to our family. I want a basset and my husband a boxer. My children are split. Has anyone added a third dog? Do they get along? Maggie is 6 years and Lola is four.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Welcome! I currently have 8 dogs at my house, all bassets, 4 of my own, and 4 fosters. Previously I had 4 bassets and a golden, all mine, and they all got along well.

As you're no doubt aware, more dogs means more in the way of expenses for food, supplies, training and veterinary care. They also mean more in the way of fun and loving!

If you got another boxer, would your older boxer play with the puppy? I sometimes worry about bassets with puppies of other large breeds, because puppies don't play gently, and bassets' backs can be a source of injury.

C

·
0 Posts
Welcome!! This is a great group, as I'm sure you will find out!
I have three dogs, a basset (of course)3 yrs old, a corgi mix about 9yrs old or so, and the newest addition is a Golden Retreiver, he is 6 yrs old. They all get along wonderfully, although my basset, Claire, occasionally has to be reminded about manners.
Please post pics if you can, and let us know what you decide.
(I say go for another basset... rescue perhaps???)
Good luck!
Annie

·
Registered
225 Posts
Originally posted by joanr
I wonder if you could find a basset/boxer mix at your shelter.
Joan
In that case post a picture of it here. I can't imagine how that mix would look XD. That really is compromise for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts