Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m new here and new to owning a basset hound! I have had him a little over a year and got him when he was just a puppy . His name is Bandit but I call him Benny if you have any advice I would love to hear it. He is very codependent and I’m trying to work on his anxiety.
Dog Carnivore Liver Dog breed Fawn

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
If by being 'codependent' you mean he hates being on his own, that's Basset. This is a pack breed and quite honestly, does better with a canine, or even feline, companion if not you. I'm reluctant to suggest this because if you are not there a lot of the time, you could end up with 2 with separation anxiety not just one, but now might be a good time to buy another Basset - we did with our first two! But then we didn't have a Basset until we could afford for me to stop working full time. Which I did, for the first 6 months after which I went back part time. ..... 3 hours a day. He went back to not being clean around the house! As soon as I could stop working at all, I did and we bought a second hound too. And the rest is, as they say, history.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts