Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!
My name's Aniele mom to 2 bassetts. Marlowe who is 12 yrs old and Abby who is 5. I'm somewhat computer illiterate and still learning the ways of getting pics posted. For now I only have a pic of Abby. She was rescued as an abandoned pup from the woods so we're not sure if she is a mix or perhaps an Artesian Normand. I saw some pics of one once and the small facial features and smaller body look just like her. What do you think? I look forward to posting more pics soon.

[attachment=525:abby.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Welcome! Your Abby is a very beuatiful houndette. I'm no expert - but she looks like a basset to me. Most of mine are the smaller bassets - the range from 30 lbs to about 58 lbs. Size isn't always the best way to determine if they are pb or mixes.

Whe's adorable, though, no matter what she is!

Hope we can see more pics of them soon and hear tales of their adventures.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome Aniele. Abby looks all basset in the picture you posted. Glad to have you join us. Please post a picture of Marlowe when you get a chance.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Welcome! I'm no expert, but she looks all basset to me. Can't wait to see more pics!

~Heather

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Abby is a beautiful Basset lady. Can't wait to see Marlowe pictures, too.

We have the same duck at our house, and it is Bogie Carter's (two Bogie's on the forum) favorite toy. We have even bought a new one to replace the tattered and barely quacking old one, but he ignores the new one. He loves for us to toss it and he'll bring it right back with that "Do it again!" look on his face.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Welcome -

We have the DUCK too! As for Bassets (and ducks), if it looks like a Basset and walks like a Basset, it's probably a Basset :) She looks more Basset than Gunther and he's been Basset-approved.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I too love the new avatar. My dogs also have that duck. Lily loves her hot dog and Gibbs loves anything we throw. They rarely dig out the duck (or most of their toys).

~Heather

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome -

We have the DUCK too! As for Bassets (and ducks), if it looks like a Basset and walks like a Basset, it's probably a Basset :) She looks more Basset than Gunther and he's been Basset-approved.[/b]
Thank You for all of you're welcomes!! I'm so excited about this site; I haven't had a computer for a loooong time,( and now finally do) but everytime I got near one I looked up bassets! I found this one the first night and it had me giggling and my bassets wondering what was going on. I apologize for the avatar. I agree, it was downright creepy. My husband put it on for me. I just wanted to log in and he showed me the limited amount of pics he had. I had just come home from work and was very sleepy( I manage a restaurant and work some late hours) All I saw was a smiley and I oke'd it. Only later did I realize how creepy it was!!! Anyhooooo aruuuu! Finally found a new suitable avatar. Its not a pic of either of mine though the pup looks very much like Marlowe. Once we get all of this techie stuff figured out, I will be able to scan some older pics of MArlowe and Abby as well as some new ones. They, as most hounds,are very photogenic.

In response to the duck Abby holds.. we have a couple...a mallard and a pheasant. THey both make honking rather than squeaking sounds and the pups can find them by name. ( "Where's your bird? Go find the mallard..etc") They also have a really cool frog and a gorilla and yes ( see previous posts) Abby has a stuffed bunny----Marlowe doesn't play with that one very much.
Its late, and I think I'm finally winding dwon after a busy shift, and the hounds are begging to snuggle. I look forward to showing pics of Marlowe and Abby and to seeing and hearing more about all of your bassets. Again, thanks for the Welcome!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts