Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I volunteer for a rescue organization in Virginia and about three weeks ago I got a call asking me to foster a purebred very pregnant Basset hound that had been dropped off at a kill shelter in West Virginia , without a foster home she was due to be put to sleep the next day. She was dropped of with a male basset and another female. I was able to take her and less than a week later she had her beautiful pups , here is there website

http://www.freewebs.com/laurandavidjonah/

I am here to learn all I can about the breed to help potential adopters and to help me raise the pups right , mamma is an awesome dog!!!

If things go as planned we will also be adopting one of the pups so again I am here to learn learn and learn some more!

Laura

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hi and welcome!
You are awsome, for fostering/rescuing this momma!

Please, I`d love to see pics of them.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
so again I am here to learn learn and learn some more![/b]
So do have a specific question?

FWIW for propsective buyers new to the breed i recommend BASSET HOUND OWNER'S SURVIVAL GUIDE not for the advice on how to deal with the breed but for the stroies about the breed itself. A real eye opener for many. Many often decide it is not the breed for them

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
That's awesome that you are fostering momma and pups. I went to the page and balled my eyes out while reading the story on it!

~Heather

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome to the board...what a hero you are!
I read the little story on the link you posted and was reduced to a puddle on the ground..my goodness!!

Hope we can help in any way!!! Looking forward to the pictures!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
WOW you are an AWESOME person...what a baptism of fire but a lovely one into the basset world :)
Wish you were in AUS I'd have 2 pups :) GOOD LUCK :)...more baby pics pls :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
I was in need of cute and I just got it in spades! Good for you, Laura, it's people like you who give me hope for humanity. I'd love to be kept updated.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
:) What an awesome person you are!! :) The pictures are wonderful and mother and the pups look so happy. You have come to the right place to find information about Bassets. Just ask and someone here always has great suggestions and advice. Keep us updated on the crew.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts