Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
My name is Burr and I have a Basset named Tiny Jr, born 12/25/2002. He’s registered with the Philippine Canine Club.
I’m an American retired in the Philippines after marring a Pilipino banker I meet in California. We also have a home in Red Mountain, Ca. where we stay a few months a year while I get my VA check-ups.
I may get active in the local Canine Club here in Bulacan as I have time. I also am hoping to race pigeons this year.
Jr lived his life in a dirt yard as a group of personal stud dogs for a vet. He had very little human contact and no love, the only reason I got him was because he was fighting with his father and someone had to go. These first two weeks have been a little hard on all of us; we also have a Japanese Spitz who will be one year old next week.
Jr is adjusting very nicely and I have great hopes of him becoming a nice part of the family.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Welcome, Burr and Tiny Jr and thanks for rescuing! Glad to hear Tiny Jr seems to be adjusting well. :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome! We rescued our bassets and one of them didn't receive love or basic socialization early in his life. The great thing about bassets is that they are very affectionate and family oriented. Just smother him with love and attention and he will soon forget about those awful times. Ours did.

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the site. I am sure your boy will bring you lots of happiness. Thank you for rescueing him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts