Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the recent warm weather, I was able to build their new dog house. It's actually their entry way into the house. Kinda using it as a porch. Hoping it will cut down on the dirt they bring in, plus it will help with cold wind blowing in the dog door. (like I really need that now) I made a smaller entry this winter, but it was falling apart.

Caught Dozer coming in:

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Nice looking dog house. Cute photo of Dozer. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Do Dozer and Digger get any say in decorating?

Wallpaper or paint? Wood or bamboo flooring? Oh the possibilities!

:lol:

·
Registered
284 Posts
great idea - that must of taken you a while to do?

you have two very spoilt hounds! we bought a dog flap 5 months ago and we still havent installed it :blink:

you have given me the indentive now to get that done and ready for a lovely spring/summer.

I'd love to see them coming down the stairs in a video. Snoopy doenst do stairs!!!!! my boyfriend wouldnt let her walk down them when she was a puppy (incase she tripped on her ears) so now she has no idea how to get down them. If she sneaks upstairs we have to carry her down - it does my back in :angry:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Snoopy doenst do stairs!!!!! my boyfriend wouldnt let her walk down them when she was a puppy (incase she tripped on her ears) so now she has no idea how to get down them.[/b]
Bassets aren't supposed to go down stairs when they are pups. It is not good for their
backs and front. Mine was not alowed to before they were a year old, but I never had
the problem of them not going down stairs afterwards. For Mr. Runcible I installed a ramp
in the stairs as he soon became to heavy for me.

Of course Snoopy wants you to carry him down stairs - after all you are his slave :p

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ernest is one year old and other than the two steps to go up and down to the front lawn, he's never gone down the stairs either.

The guy has been in the back garden 0 times since autumn. He's really good at waiting at the top of the stairs looking down like a vulture, but no desire to propel himself down the stairs. For this I am relieved.

He also is really good in elevators, which is great. The escalator he will not do, he is afraid of it. I have tried.

Snoopy wants you to install an elevator!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd love to see them coming down the stairs in a video. Snoopy doenst do stairs!!!!! my boyfriend wouldnt let her walk down them when she was a puppy (incase she tripped on her ears) so now she has no idea how to get down them. If she sneaks upstairs we have to carry her down - it does my back in :angry:[/b]
Those steps are only 4-5 inches tall. I made them when I first put in the door. Then when I got Digger, they kept pushing each other off the top. They liked to sit on top and look out, so then I added the deck.
The only problem is that Digger is a jumper. He takes short cuts off the sides of the deck, up AND down. He'll even jump up on the picnic table, and can clear a 30 inch fence.
Dozer sprained his leg when he was about 6 months old, so he doesn't do a lot of jumping. They both did jump up into the dog house while I was building it, but I had to help Dozer back down.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Very cool!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts