Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got a new bed on Friday and it's a bit higher than our old bed and I'm thinking I need to get some sort of step stool for Ringo.

He sleeps on our bed maybe 2/3 of the time and we have our door open when we are gone so I think he goes in there and sleeps sometimes too.

He can get on the bed but he definitely takes more time in jumping up and will pause before jumping now. I feel bad, I don't want him to strain himself too much or end up getting hurt from the jumping but I also want him to enjoy our new comfy bed! Specially since now it is a queen and not a full so there is more room for him without squishing us so much! :)

Anyone else use a step stool for their bed? Suggestions as to what I could use?

·
Registered
18 Posts
We have stairs for the pups to get on the couch. They aren't allowed on the bed. I would definitely recommend stairs or a ramp. Jumping from too high can cause injuries. We have been very happy with them. They are made out of wood and are very sturdy. There is a picture of our stairs in the video for the thread "Tricks!" that I posted a couple of weeks ago.

This is the company that we ordered our stairs from our couch.
Carpeted Steps - Pet Classics™

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I built a ramp that runs along the bottom of the bed. It's quite solid - a 2x4 frame, plywood ramp with carpeting. There is a "wall" on the outer side so they don't fall off, which is covered with veneer to match the furniture, and there is a small square platform at the top level with the bed.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
My brother built these for me. They worked out great.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I have a two-step stool for Lightning. It is very solid--plywood covered with carpet. He isn't allowed in bed with me, but he uses the steps to get into his favorite chair and to get in and out of the car when we need to go somewhere (I got one of those telescoping ramps for the car, but Lightning will not use it.) I got the stool from Drs. Foster and Smith, I think. The photo is of Stomps, before he went to the bridge, using the stool. It makes a great headrest too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts