Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just joined a couple of days ago. I have had, for a week now, the sweetest Basset Hound. Her name is Molly and she is approx. 6 years old. I got her from a Basset Rescue in Ohio. The folks there had just received her and put her picture up.

The folks at the rescue were going to be out of town but I asked if I could get her before they left. She was in a foster home but had not been to the vet. I took her to the vet on the way home. She is heartworm positive and has tapeworms. She is in treatment for the heartworms now. My wife and I know this drill as our lab rescue dog was also heartworm positive. She is now fine and is a trained therapy dog. We are hoping for the same results with Molly.

She follows me around the house and is currently on the couch beside me curled up asleep.

Anyway, I thought I would stop in and say hi.

[attachment=636:Molly_Co..._2_small.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hi and Welcome!
Molly has a lovely face--hope she the HW treatment goes ok...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hello from a neighbor just north of you! Molly has a very sweet face. I hope she is well soon. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
WELCOME from Miss Daisy and her driver! We adopted Miss Daisy about 6 - 7 weeks ago and she has HWs too. We are treating her and the vet is helping monitor. We love her her and she is my "shadow". Best wishes and happy howls!

Miss Daisy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Aww, bless you for taking this soul into your life,even though she needs medical treatment. You too Miss Daisy Dog. She looks a real little sweetheart. Let us know how her treatment goes. :)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Kentuckian! Molly is beautiful. She looks like a female version of my boy Lightning, who is 12. Congrats on getting her, and thank you for adopting her!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Welcome and thank you for rescueing (sp?). She's a lovely lady. Hope she feels better soon.

~Heather

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi neighbor...my wife, me, daughter, molly, gracie (black lab), jazzy (little lab), and two cats live just across the river in covington.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts