Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello we are new to this site and would like to say hi. We have never had a bassett before and im starting to wonder what took so long to get one. Talk about falling in love!!! We will be asking for advice im sure. But for now just wanted to drop in and say hi. This is our Lowrider [attachment=635:lowrider.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Great Howls to you all!!!

Welcome from Miss Daisy and her driver, Fritz

Great picture. Looks a lot like my Miss Daisy who is 5 years old and rescued from SPCA 7 weeks ago.

I know you will enjoy him. If you get a chance look at YouTube under basset hounds.

Great Howls,

Miss Daisy

·
Registered
608 Posts
He is beautiful and I love the name 'lowrider'. I know you haven't asked for any yet, but I am going to give you the best piece of advice you'll ever get concerning Bassets and several years down the line (that's how long it will take you to suss him out)you'll realise how true this is.

"THEY ARE THE CRAFTIEST LITTLE BUGGARS ON THE PLANET."

Don't say you haven't been warned :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He is beautiful and I love the name 'lowrider'. I know you haven't asked for any yet, but I am going to give you the best piece of advice you'll ever get concerning Bassets and several years down the line (that's how long it will take you to suss him out)you'll realise how true this is.

"THEY ARE THE CRAFTIEST LITTLE BUGGARS ON THE PLANET."

Don't say you haven't been warned :lol:[/b]
first off thanks to everyone. and yes we have started to figure out that she is a bit of an escape artist lol especially since she is so small. <_< however we have lucked out and fond her both times! :rolleyes: she is a rather lazy dog and loves to ride in the car. we are thinking of getting her a playmate in a few months.

·
Registered
245 Posts
This is good and you guys will be trained in no time! They are very smart and not hard to figure out. They mostly do what they want to do and when they want to do it and they will constantly read you and when they catch you attempting to trick them into doing something they do not like doing, such as being given a bath, they will simply go limp on the floor and you will not be able to pick them up when they go limp on you. All in all they are a hoot!
don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts