Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently got a basset puppy, Sadie. We also have a 7 year old miniature pincher & 14 year old cocker spaniel. When we were looking for a new puppy I was thinking more along the lines of a small lap dog, my husband thought a basset would be neat. We decided on the Basset and have enjoyed her so much. I fell in love with her, she is such a sweetie. I have heard Bassets can be stubborn and hard to train, but we have had very good luck with training her. I have pictures of her at work on my desk and when I see them it makes me want to come home and cuddle with her. I have two older teenage girls and they are so busy with their teenage things they just don't have time for mom anymore, so Sadie has become my new baby. My older dogs don’t' really like her, they tolerate her. She loves to curl up with them, they don’t' really care for it, but will tolerate it. I'm not sure how to post pictures, but I'm going to give it a try, hopefully it will work and you can see our little sweetie.

[/img][/url]

·
Registered
78 Posts
welcome...yes they are a challenge to train...i have an 8 month old sadie as well.......... :lol:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Great pictures. They are good lap dogs :D , just wait until she sits in your lap, and won't let you up. :eek:

·
Registered
110 Posts
An adorable puppy! And of course she's a lap dog - just like my little 62 lbs snuggler right here. It's *you* who need to adjust your thinking :lol:

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Welcome to you all! :D

Nice pics and wonderful dogs!

How old is she? By the looks of her paw laying over your pincher,
she sure will be a lot bigger....

S

·
0 Posts
Such a sweet girl! Love the picture of her and the cocker! Welcome!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sadie is beautiful, and looks like she fits right in.

Aroooos from Bogie!!
You don't own a Basset, a Basset owns you!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
The pictures just prove that there is nothing cuter than a basset puppy!

Welcome!

Alice

·
Registered
78 Posts
sooo..cute.

just warning you....i started putting sadie on my lap when she was 4 months old...now at 8 months and 40lbs she still thinks she is a lap dog.
she doesnt realize that we both dont fit on the lazy boy...but she gets up and lays across my stomach.....i dont have the heart to move her because she is soo sweet when she does it...but i cant breath......LOLOL :p

·
Registered
775 Posts
Copper at 60 lbs sees nothing wrong with sitting in my lap, he often falls asleep and since I don't have the heart to move him I often end up with numb legs. Now that we have the girls also it is quite something to have all three in my lap[usually Copper in my lap and Patty and Dolly on either side]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts