Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...thought I posted this once, and now it has dissapeared. Anyhoo, you know how you give expectant mothers advice at a baby shower?? Well...I would like some advice, before I bring the new little man home. I have never owned a Basset, just English Mastiffs, so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to read as many Basset books that I could get my hands on, but I want FIRST HAND EXPIERIENCE!!!

Thanks!!!!

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like to thank everyone for their advice. I feel pretty good about it...but I continuiously keep reading that they are "notouriously hard to housebreak". My brother and his family had a Basset, and they dont remember her being that hard...I guess I am a little aprehensive about that.
With my mastiffs, we had no problems housebreaking them...6-8 weeks is all it took, was very easy. But I was ON TOP of them all the time, I never gave them the chance to go in the house.
I also read that treats are a HUGE motivator for them, so I picked up tiny puppy treats for when he does do his duty outside. Hope it goes well...
I will be sure to post pictures of Dallas. We went back to the breeders on Wed to see him again, and spend some time with him, boy he sure is a suggler, I am sure its because he is only 6 weeks old...but I also hope he stays that way!! He is so darn cute, and those tails, they just dont stop wagging!! We were holding him, and he was wagging his little tail...I wanted to bring him home right then!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.