Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got a new basset puppy and couldn’t be happier with her. She’s doing great with her house training, and is just adorable.

The issue we are having is when she is left alone.If I actually leave the house, she does just fine. She whines for a couple minutes but then she calms herself down (I have a security camera so I am able to check in and see if she is still crying). The problem is when I am in the house but I just need to walk into a different room.The only word I can think of to describe the sound that she makes is a scream. She screams at the top of her lungs. I have tried rewarding her for moments of silence and praising her for it, but it only seems to be getting worse. I am trying not to run and pick her up every time she cries but it gets to the point of being nerve wracking. She has gone on for upwards of an hour until I just give up. She gets so loud that you can hear her outside the house.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions on how we can correct it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I HAVE NEVER DEALT WITH THIS SITUATION, BUT I GUESS I WOULD JUST BRING HER WITH YOU WHEN YOU GO IN OTHER PLACES, SHE WILL GET TIRED OF IT AND MAY GET OVER IT BUT BASSET HOUNDS ARE VERY STUBBORN AND HAVE THICK SCULLS, SO IT MAY TAKE AWHILE....
GOOD LUCK..

·
Registered
12,926 Posts
"The problem is when I am in the house but I just need to walk into a different room. "

basset are very social creature and want to be with you always .1 why is she not allowed to follow you? "She has gone on for upwards of an hour until :" obviously you are gone long enough to set her up in the room that you moved to even if you do not give her free reign

1 - 3 of 3 Posts