Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a farm full of Briards and am new to knowing Bassets firsthand. I have a good friend with two of them and she asked to come help her take pictures of them. Have to say I'm totally smitten. What characters! They're in the Bassets at play album on my website. I came here to find other pictures and to find out if Bassets in general are all such clowns!

A

·
0 Posts
Great pictures! Bassets are very funny. My two are always doing funny stuff...they really keep me laughing. And to see the two play together is so cute. Puppies are the biggest clowns with the big ears and always tripping over them.

Bassets are great dogs and always make me smile!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Wonderful pictures, and bassets so full of joy it made my heart leap!
Thanks!

[ February 06, 2006, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: S. Hall ]

A

·
0 Posts
You're a fabulous photographer! I'm jealous!

Plus those bassets are beautiful! Ruby ("Arrrooo!") and I are partial to the black one.

Glad you had an opportunity to hang with the bassets. Maybe you'll get one now...would the Briards be jealous?

A

·
0 Posts
Great pictures. I espescially like the action shots! They are also great looking bassets and I love their names too! Most bassets are big hams and love human attention. There are some great pictures on this site. Welcome! yvonne

A

·
0 Posts
I love the pictures. Bassets are complete clowns.
We love them!
Jennifer

·
Registered
987 Posts
what wonderful pictures. All the horses and dogs are beautiful. I'm partial to the drafts though. We had a clydesdale when I was young. We got it for my dad to learn to ride, she was a bit slow and pokey and he was tall, they made quite a sight on the trails! LOL.
There is a great job open in Kentucky my husband is thinking of applying for, all I know about ky is that its horse country and that is all I need to know. Your pictures only confirmed my desire to move there!
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Hi and welcome. Well it looks like you got to see a couple of champions do the basset 500 in a beautiful setting. Your pictures are fabulous!

Let's see - well, yes they are pretty much always funny! They also shed, drool, can be smelly, are terribly stubborn, and are manipulative. They are real pack animals and love to be with their family. They are really social and loving and terribly funny. Quite the characters. Of course they are in charge.

Tell us all about Briards - and some pictures please??!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yep, got to agree, I grew up with dogs, always had one, but never had one like a basset before. Just looking at Toby makes me laugh and that's before he starts his daft antics.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I also agree with all the comments regarding your photography skills and the beauty of all your subjects, whether dog or horse. You've really captured the spirit of both in your photos.

Bassets are commedians and Basset people tend to be as easy-going as thier hounds. :)

Terry

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've met Cindy and her herd of bassets. They're a gorgeous and rowdy bunch. I live in Versailles, too, but down toward Nonesuch. I have two bassets that I'll loan you anytime you want! I love briards AND warmbloods.--Allison

1 - 20 of 23 Posts