Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were a few questions about hounds and temperature a few weeks ago. To allay any fears any might have about the cold and your hound, Lollypop and I went for a 3 mile walk this a.m. in negative 5 degree's. she had a ball (as always) and had no adverse effects from the jaunt. On a side note (and the real purpose of this post), she developed droolsicles, something I'd never considered. Pretty funny though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ringo gets droolscicles too! They are hilarious! Those and he gets big ice balls hanging off the end of his ears :p

·
Registered
129 Posts
Oh wow! My basset refuses to spend more than 10 mins outside unless the weather is absolutely perfect. He just went outside to do his 'business' and then couldn't wait to run back into the apartment fast enough, even with a nice thick wool sweater on. Boston was very very cold yesterday, the coldest in 6 years. So I was happy he didn't want to spend time outside. I can understand if the weather was too cold for him, but he acts the same way when it rains, snows or just too hot. He likes nothing more than to stay at home and lounging around and look for snacks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts