Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a Male Basset hound who is 14, his personality is really laid back, pretty much eats and sleeps and wants to hang out every now and then. Been having him since he was a little pup.
I also have a male basset hound who is one year old, very sweet, very playful, but scares easy. He’s a really sweet innocent soul. Been having him since he was a puppy too.
Anyway, both my dogs are laid back.
I adopted a new girl basset hound she’s five, she’s got a very sweet personality, she doesn’t seem to mind people, and she doesn’t seem to mind my oldest basset, but she is aggressive and bites my one year old basset when he sniffs her. Any ideas as of why or how to stop her ?

·
Registered
12,926 Posts
but with a rescue there is generally a reason that dogs end up in rescue and the biggest one is behavioral issue, you might have a clearer picture why this dog was rehomed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe she's jealous that you pay more attention to the one-year-old basset or she just needs time to get used to the other puppies. Try to involve all of them in activities, play with them, talk to all of them. I had a similar situation a couple of years ago. I adopted two Northern Inuit dogs of the same age, and they were aggressive ones to each other. I couldn't understand the cause why they behaved so aggressively, so I found all the characteristics of this dog breed on woofbarkgrowl.co.uk and as I understood these dogs are very friendly, however, sometimes they can attack other animals. So, what I did is that I involved both of them in activities and very soon they became friends. Now, I have one more dog in the family, a basset, and they are doing very well.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
That's a pretty normal girl reaction to a butt sniffing boy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts