Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winston is home with us and Molly is happily confused. They seem to be adjusting to each other well. Molly wants to play and Winston is more than happy to oblige...most of the time.

There's been a little crying on Winston's part, especially if I leave the room. But overall, he's a mellow guy. And did I mention the puppy breath...oh my, you can't resist it.

Here's Molly and Winston napping together for the first time at home. I think this is the beginning of a lovely friendship.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Awww... I'm so glad they're getting on well. A lovely picture of them together!
Typical female to have the comfy pillow to herself!! :D

·
Registered
761 Posts
He's so cute!!! And Molly looks like she doesn't want to go to sleep in case she misses something. I'm sure they'll have a great time and life together! Congratulations on your new addition! Aroos of happiness from Doppler and Virga!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And Molly looks like she doesn't want to go to sleep in case she misses something.
Exactly! The ride home (Winston was crashed the whole time) and since we got home...She's taking short naps so that she's awake when he's ready to play. That little guy holds his own with her. Both are loving it.

To all of you who encouraged me to take the plunge and get a second basset...thank you. You were all right. Molly is loving it (and so are we).

·
Registered
616 Posts
He's so CUTE! He reminds me of Rosco when he was little. They're going to be the best of friends! Congrats!!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, Winston is a McFreckles too.

He had a great night, very little crying...except when Molly is outside pottying without him. He does everything she does and likes stealing whatever she's playing with...typical baby brother. Really, they are getting along better than I imagined. She's a little unsure sometimes, especially when he's getting attention, but she has more patience than I ever imagined was possible for her. She loves him, even when he bites her tail and ears.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yep! Sounds like the beginning of a beautiful friendship to me! When we got Virga, she stole (and still does steal) every single toy Doppler is playing with! When she was smaller he would just let her take it. Now, she tries and it's time for Basset Showdown! and they just go at it. It's pretty funny. But that's what little siblings are for isn't it?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Welcome Winston and congratulations Molly on becoming a new big sister.....many happy days to you all...

How adorable they are..and I too am a sucker for that wonderful puppy breath...

Best of wishes,
Woody Hayes and his mom :)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
How wonderful that it's working out! Many happy years of drool to all!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts