Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Molly is 8 months and needy as well, bassets are just more social than some dogs. I too work from home and it can pose an issue. Sometimes she'll settle and let me work, while other times, I just have to take a break and spend time playing. That makes her happy and she is more inclined to let me do what I need to do afterward. Does your puppy want to nap after a walk? Sometimes Molly will want a nap after her daily walk and that is a good time to get work done. Another option is to get a Kong and fill it with something your dog likes. I fill one with kibble and peanut butter. It gives her something to do for a while. It's a saving grace for me sometimes.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm hoping that by getting another basset, Molly will have someone else to entertain herself with sometimes. I certainly don't mind that she follows me around the house, but I often feel bad when she wants to play and I simply can't (due to the fact that I teach college and often need quiet time at home to get work done). She's a little more independent at 8 months, but I think this is as independent as she'll get. Don't get me wrong, she gets plenty of attention - walks, playtime, etc. Sometimes, Mom needs a break!

Wworm - LOL, we named her in an Irish pub on Cape Cod last summer. She gets more freckles everyday. We'll see if her brother is a McFreckles too...I'm hoping :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.