Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mocha and Beldin are fine ...

... I guess this is a case of choosing the hounds over a husband ... only this decision was made mostly for the kids - but the hounds had something to do with it.

I've been with my partner for 3 years now and things were rocky once in a while, but what relationship isn't at times?

More recently things have been going downhill - it came to a head last week when Mocha was still in heat and Beldin wasn't himself. I found out how bad my partner's temper could get.

Beldin had been whining and Mocha was put away in the kitchen. Beldin was in the livingroom with the kids and he jumped up with his front paws on the couch (where all 5 kids were sitting - my three and his 2).

My partner jumped up and grabbed Beldin by his scruff of his neck and yanked him off the couch - Beldin turned around and yelped and bit my partner's thumb.

He then picked Beldin up over his head and slammed him down on the bottom of the fireplace where he hit a lamp on the way down.

This was in front of all 5 kids who obviously freaked out at this.

Long story short Beldin is okay but this is the last straw and I told my partner to move out.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
A sad situation all the way around, thought things sounded pretty tense in a previous post. Hope things get better soon for everyone. Hang in there.

Sandy

A

·
0 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about what your family is going through. I hope you can come up with a good resolution for everyone. Prayers and being sent your way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awww! Thats awful. But think, if he would senselessly treat something you love that badly, how might he treat you or your "other" children later down the line? Anyway... best of luck to you and your family.

A

·
0 Posts
Oh Man!!! What a monster:( . Do U need to get a restraing order? For U, the kids and the poor little belden! {HUGS]! What did the vet say? I hope this doesn't give him a lasting fear. Good for U. Happy to be a slave to Tummy Boy.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I already spoke with Social Services and they offered me 2 options for him ... to either admit he has an anger problem and seek help for it... or move out -- so I did and he said "I don't care, it doesn't matter anyway" so basically he's moving out (probably tomorrow morning) it's too late for him to go anywhere tonight.

He's already pushed my youngest son (8yrs old) into (and through) the drywall.

We've had previous discussions and counselling etc but this was it. I'm not standing for it either.

I was in a relationship (a long time ago) where I was beat pretty badly for 5 years... never again - and when it starts putting my children and animals in danger - no *&%$#[email protected] way!

He's made his choice and put the lie to anything nice he's said, done or promised over the last 3 years.

His ex is also suing for sole custody of his children now too.

I don't know if they'll be granting me a protective order or not. They said depends if he tries to intentionally hurt or "stalk" me or mine after he moves out... they're hoping he's just going to go and leave us alone ... as apparently is his style once he decides to go he's gone.

The vet says Beldin seems fine - he didn't even charge me to take a look at him ... he felt him over and kept him for the day and says he seems ok, just shaken up a bit. But no tender spots or nothing broken etc.

It could have been so much worse :(

When Beldin came home he stayed away from my partner but after a while kind of wiggled over to him and puppy barked at him like he always does for a cookie ... it was heartbreaking ... like he had forgiven him and was trying to say "we're ok right?" or something.

Hopefully tomorrow things will be cleared up quietly and he'll just go peaceably.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I am very glad that Beldin ,the kids and you are physically all right!!

You have all my best wishes and good energies.
I have been there, and know how terrible it is!
And if he can do it to animals, he eventually WILL do it to kids and to you!!

Hang in there,take care of yourself. Life is too short to live like this.

Please let us know how you are doing!!

All my best wishes and a BIG hug

Christina (aka Tina)
Ben, BIlly, Clara, Ludvig,Laban,Rascal,the horses,and all the other critters

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
What a terrible situation. I think you are making the best decision. I have worked with social services in the past and realize that sometimes these things just can't be "fixed"- especially once it's escalating to violence. Take care of yourself, the children and your hounds- Hugs-

·
Registered
773 Posts
This is so sad -- and very frightening. It breaks my heart that Beldin, who's lucky he wasn't outright killed, is so willing to forgive someone that would do such a thing. But dogs and kids do this over and over. Doesn't make it right, and it's no way for anyone to live.

You did the right thing in telling this man to move out. I hope he goes far, far away and that you're all safe. Life will get much better for you eventually......

A

·
0 Posts
Coming from a mental health professional. GET HIM OUT NOW! I am glad you pup is alright. He will forget and only remember how YOU loved on him. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers today. yvonne

A

·
0 Posts
I don't know what to say to this other than big hugs from Wilson and I. Take Care, Susan

A

·
0 Posts
People who abuse children or animals lack a very basic empathy and, unfortunately, counseling doesn't usually work. Your job right now is to protect your kids and your pets from this person and distance and boundaries (physical and spatial) can be the best protection. I've volunteered for years and years in battered women's shelters and the stories over that time have never changed. We've had some women seek refuge 7 to 8 times from the same abuser!
I urge you to call a shelter even if just to discuss your situation. Their experience will help you plan the future.

[ January 24, 2006, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Beverly Anne Cawley ]

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I'm sure we all want to support Chuckleberry in dealing with a horrendously painful and difficult personal situation. I just want to remind everyone that this is a public forum visible to anyone and everyone, including children so please use private email or PM when discussing topics of such a personal nature. I'm sure Christina welcomes your support so please continue to do so using private email or PM.

Edited to add: I don't believe it would be helpful to Chuckleberry's case if DSS or the legal system saw this sensitive topic being discussed on a public forum.

[ January 24, 2006, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Barbara Winters ]

A

·
0 Posts
I'm sorry you have to go through this, but you will come out stronger prayers for you your kids and animals be strong

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Oh gosh...I am proud of you Chuckleberry for doing the right thing. Kick that man out!
I agree with Buttercup, if he could do this to an animal, he could do this to human too.
I'm glad that you and the kids are fine. Poor Beldin! I hope he is okay mentally.

You know, animals, they could pick up the tense situation around the house. That makes them uncomfortable, that's why Beldin was whining probably.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.