Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rusty & Stickers have the first part of their annual physical today. The second phase is in 3 weeks. Too many shots at one time. Do most of you get an annual fecal check on your dogs??? I'm not worried about parasites so I'm not sure if I want to do it. The Vet is $$$ and if I can pass on that test, I'd like to. Any opinions??

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
You know, I've always felt the same way as I paid for an annual fecal checks that always turned up negative. Then about 2 years ago, one of Spencer's tests turned up positive for worms. I was shocked. The vet said it was a worm commonly found in wild animals like deer or bunnies and thinking about Spencer's occasional snacking in the yard, it made sense. So, I continue to have them done, but still wonder. In the 13 years I've had dogs, only that one test ever turned up positive. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
The same thing happened with Minna!

I always thought the fecal test was just a formality for our dogs, and then a problem turned up in Minna's test- the vet said she was probably eating rabbit poop in our yard and got a parasite.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts