Basset Hounds Forum banner

Need Help!

4K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  Elvismom 
I saw that show as well, and it reminded me of Candice, or boarder Collie that we had gotten from a rescue. She was a wonderful dog, until one day she just started growling and putting her mouth around peoples ankles and growling. It was a horrible time. One day she did that to one of my friend's three year old daughter. I couldn't have it!

We had to bring her back to the adoption center. It was the saddest day, and I have often wondered what happened to her. We had her for 2 years! She never bit anyone, but she was on her way to doing that. It was like something in her snapped.

Good luck with your decision.

Winstons's Mom....I so thought of you last night. I rented the Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan It is on Disc 1 the very first episode, the woman has the exact same problem as you do. Please rent this video ( I got mine from Blockbuster On line, but I am sure you can find it somewhere)...It is amazing. Cesar gets immeadiate results with this dog that is showing aggression towards others and other animals.

Then there is a tape where a woman cannot even walk her dog as he is attacking other dogs and her as she is walking them.

It all has to do with thier perception of the "pack leader". Good luck in this!.

I feel this is worth a shot. There is a reason that your Basset is behaving like he is.

As I mentioned before, I went through this with a Border Collie I had rescued. When I saw this show last night, I told my husband (who was watching it too) that had we only known, we probably could have kept Candice, instead of re adopting her. I wanted to cry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.