Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 8 month old, fixed male basset hound named Bocephus. Bo chews everything...he no longer chews on furniture, but will chew anything that he can get his mouth on, my glasses, hangers, money, news papers, cardboard...literally anything. Today he ripped my wallet in half and found his new chew toy in my debit card...He has a friend, he has 8 or so toys (even though he loses them occasionally for awhile) but I cannot get him to break the habit. I have tried giving him something else when he picks up a new "toy" but he consistently finds something new when im either asleep or at work. IDK what to do...any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also have a puppy that chews frequently, he still has his baby teeth and I am assuming that is what is driving my puppy’s behavior. To mitigate and prevent the unwanted chewing of shoes and furniture, when I cannot have full attention on him I put him in a self contained pen with chew toys so I can limit his access to the undesirable chewing. I also have a chew toy that I can freeze and give to him to help reduce any swelling in his gums. Just wanted to share what I have been trying so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
My puppy also chewed. I bought him a rubber bone. He loved her. And all the time playing with her. And my shoes are new

1 - 3 of 3 Posts