Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother's dog & Sadie's best friend Deuce the Doberman just returned form the vet. He was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy. The vet said he would guess he had days to maybe a week or two at most left. This has just hit us like a ton of bricks. Deuce was just in for his yearly check-up & shots 3 weeks ago & showed no symptoms. However I know that is how this disease goes. My brother's 1st Dobie (and Sadie's 1st best friend) died of the same disease. He was diagnosed on a Friday & died the next Monday. Poor Sadie already senses something is wrong. I let her over to see Deuce tonight, but he just stood there & looked at her. None of the usual romping in the yard. Here is a pic of them in happier, healthier times.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I am sorry to hear this. It will be hard for Sadie to lose another friend- dogs understand more than we give them credit for about illness and death. So sad.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sorry to hear this. I LOVE Dobes. My 1st dog was a Doberman but unfortunately she came from a puppy mill and lived for 3 years always sick.

Lou

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well there are really no words that are comforting enough for something like this. My heart goes out to you and we are drooling all over the place over here. Take it easy and try to think back to the good times as much as you can.

Peace,

Melanie

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm so sorry! It's always so sad when I hear of a terminal illness in a beloved furbaby! I hope his last days are happy and comfortable. Your brother has my deepest sympathy.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this. I know cardiomyopathy is a big problem in dobes. It's so frustrating and sad when these things happen....

A

·
0 Posts
Oh Amy, that is terrible I'm so sorry to hear the terrible news, my dog before Opus was a doberman, his name was O'Reilly and he was such a darling. God this has been a terrible few weeks on the forums. Much drool and love going to you and your brother.
Arlene and Opus.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sad news about Deuce, I'd imagine the worst part would be the waiting, knowing the inevitable was going to happen at any time.

A

·
0 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that sad news is approaching. I'm sad for your family and Sadie.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. We just came back from visiting with Deuce. He seemed to light up a little when he saw Sadie. They look like such an unlikely pair, but they just love each other. Deuce is one of those rare dogs that only comes along once in a lifetime. He is the sweetest, gentlest, most loving dog I have ever met.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts