Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having issues with my mobile home park in which the management believes my basset hound is an aggressive and dangerous dog. We have had ongoing issues with this and have tried to reslve the problem numerous times. We have now been served with a notice of seven days to get rid of our dog or face eviction from the park. We love our dog, but we need to have a place to live. We don't want to give him up to an animal shelter and risk having him put down. He is a good dog, protective of his family and a little nervous around new people, but once he gets to know someone, he his a very loving animal. Alot of the issues are excessive barking. He barks when someone comes around or knocks on the door, but all dogs do that. He has never shown aggressive behavior towards us or guests or friends in our home. Please help.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Do a search of basset rescues or look on the dailydrool web site, they have a tab for rescues. Contact one in your area, they have owner surrender, so you can give your hound to a place that will take care of him, and a place that people who want a hound will look to find one. Worst case, find a no-kill shelter, perhaps a rescue can adopt him from them. Good luck! Sorry to hear that you're losing your hound.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am in western Colorado and am looking for a new basset. However, due to a compromise with my significant other (he wanted a lab, I wanted another rescue basset) I can only get a basset that is relatively close to puppyhood (as in less than 1 year); does that fit your guy? Let me know.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buddy is close to five years old. It is getting very frusterating as there is only one Basset Hound Rescue in the area of Utah (salt lake city) and they won't take a basset that old. I am afraid that I will be taking him to the shelter Monday morning and I can only hope he gets adopted before he is put to sleep. If you know of anyone interested in taking him, please let me know.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Please, before you take him to a shelter, call Basset rescues in states surrounding yours. Many rescues have volunteers who will drive long distances to pick up a dog, or they will arrange a "relay" to get the dog to the rescue. Good luck.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you are forced into finding a new home for your basset. I wish I could take him, but we would probably be put on the street if we took in another one. We snuck Noonie in on our landlord and lucky for us they didn't ask us to get rid of him. I sure hope you you can find a good home for him. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nolan ~ Did you have any luck finding a home for your dog? Or did you find a basset rescue? I feel so terrible for the situation the mobile home park has put you in...some people just don't understand that our dogs are like children to us. Please let us know what you decided to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts