Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year Lily got into some peppers from the garden. We thought that it was because the vines were hanging over. Today we found out the real reason. When my husband got home he pulled up to spot Lily inside the garden. She had climbed over the small decorative fence and then couldn't get out. So what naughty places have you spotted your hounds?

~Heather

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've always had problems with my two getting in the garden. I've tried different fences, and so far the best I found is an electric fence. They sometimes got in without getting shocked, but when they got inside the fence, they would get wet, then they would get shocked trying to get out. So actually, the fence keeps them in the garden, instead of out.
In the off season they bury bones in the tilled soil. When I come home, Dozer runs straight to the garden to look for his treats that he buried.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i'm glad we're not the only ones with this problem. I bought a decorative fence to put around the garden (which is raised high up anyway) so i'm hoping he doesn't figure out how to jump over it!! You've got quite the garden!!! no wonder you need an electrical fence, Louie would have a field day in there digging away and eating all the vegitation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts