With that notes, I have a question.. Usual commercial fish oil product contains Retinol (preformed vit A). Should this raised a concern for a dog? I knew that Vit A can be poisonous when consumed too much especially since Retinol is fat soluble type (meaning that the excess cannot be excreted via the act of urination or defecation).
Never thought about it, but just did some research and found this
"Because vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that is stored until needed, it is possible to give your dog too much vitamin A. Too much vitamin A is considered to be anything over 113,600 IU per pound of food consumed on a dry matter basis according to Doctor Foster & Smith. For vitamin A to be toxic, that dosage would have to be given daily for months. Muscle weakness and bone abnormalities may result. Toxicity is uncommon but should still be considered when feeding your dog foods rich in vitamin A."