Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby went off and left a roll on the coffee table during supper in order to go get seconds and George snatched it and ran off with it. He's getting quite cheeky about his fair share of the food. LOL He got a good talking-to (which I'm sure he followed closely and took notes on) and promised faithfully never to do it again until next time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Snoopy will fake a potty outing to try and trick us to walk away from our food. Every meal or snack at home without fail.. Got to give him credit for being persistant and smart.

He's also good at using the same routine to snag the spot on the sofa where we are (i mean were) sitting.

Christie
Snoopy's Mommy

·
Registered
987 Posts
Christie, that is funny because Lily will do the same thing. She will go to the door and scratch and when we get up to let her out she will turn and run back towards the food or drink left behind.

A

·
0 Posts
Max will hold a cookie or treat in his closed mouth, trying to make me think he is finished, so I will give him another one more quickly.

MikeM

A

·
0 Posts
I think they are about THE smartest breed. My mom has a poodle and my pair are LOTS smarter than her! yr

·
Registered
905 Posts
Don't know how you put up with him!!!Next time he does that smack him several times over the head with a really heavy book.Both of you have to let him know that he is still last in the pecking order and don't stand for his cheek.If the 'good talking to' doesn't work then I suggest you feed him separately in the bathroom with the door closed,whilst you and George enjoy your supper to-gether in peace. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts